Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hi forum, maybe the uploaded file corresponding to the cubase LE 9 installer is corrupt ?, try several times to download it using the code that brought me the zoom recorder h1 I purchased, but every time I try to unzip the installer I get an error.

I explain this here:

Hello, please help me… :open_mouth:

I purchased a Lexicon by HARMAN Lambda Desktop Recording Studio, which also includes a DVD Rom to install CUBASE LE5… I have a problem with the Serial Number included with the DVD, because the numbers have a different format than it is required by the eLicenser software…

My CUBASE Serial Number has a total of 25 digits divided in 5 groups of 5 digits each, while the eLicenser is requiring a total of 32 digits divided in 8 groups of 4 digits each…

Thus, I haven’t been able to properly use my purchased hardware, because I am unable to validate my given Serial Number for CUBASE, what can I do?

DANIEL

hello,

I have already found the answer to my issue here:

DANIEL

I bought a foscurite a few years ago, this packing accompanying a software of Cubase. Now I am installing this software, unfortunately, I lost the activation no and hence I cannot register in the elicense. Grateful if you could help me to get the activation no.

Hello there,

My son bought an amp for his electric guitar - the amp is a yamaha THR5 which should have come bundled with the Cubase AI software. It did not come with it and I have subsequently installed the software after a search through the database. However, the downloaded version does not have a license with it. How can I establish what license I need to use?

I hope that someone will be able to help me figure this out.

After spending ages trying to find the Cubase code for my UR-12 (which ended up being in the box it came in, and not on any of the program files as I had managed to mislead myself into believing), I cannot redeem it. When I enter it I get the following message; “Security Error #2FG0”, what does this mean? I’ve tried entering it with and without dashes (-) and it still gives me this error. Is there any fix for this?

Since the support just sends irrelevant standard email replies with weblinks I already found, I will try my luck here.
I had to replace my broken graphics card. Since my Cubase AI which I got with my UR12 will not run. I am not able to reactivate my license.
My old Soft-eLicenser number is the exact same as the new one. This returns an error (“Please provide a new Soft-eLicenser number”).
Mu activation code for the software will not run (“has already been used”).
I am stuck now and do not understand why it is so difficult to use a product I paid good money for.

1 Like

Download the eLicenser Installation Helper:

Hello… I had a download code for Cubase 9 LE (it was from an M-audio product), then I upgraded to Cubase Elements 9, purchasing the upgrade from Steinberg Eshop… Then I saw an offer from an eshop in my country, (Official Reseller) which was an upgrade from Cubase AI 9 to Cubase Artist 9.
I bought it considering that Elements is one step higher than Cubase LE/AI and that I could use it. Unfortunately, when I add my activation from the upgrade (Cubase AI to Artist) it says (Currently there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license) although my Cubase Elements 9 Fully Licensed is in the list.

Is there anything I can do about it? Is my only option to purchase a yamaha/steinberg product which includes a Cubase AI License Code?

Thanks in advance.

You’ll have to contact support and see if they’ll downgrade your license for you.

Serious question - has anyone actually gotten any useful help here in this thread? If not, I don’t want to waste my time. Many, many questions here, but very few answers.

Unfortunately, two things seem to be unequivocal about Cubase AI:

• Cubase is the single most complicated download/install of any of the hundreds of software purchases I’ve made over the years. Incredibly and needlessly confusing. Is there any chance the developers will ever modernize and/or streamline their install procedures? I’m about to give up and simply go with Audacity it’s so bad,
  • The help text is wrong and unhelpful. It sends you on a wild goose chase for a simple problem, to wit:

As someone mentioned earlier, eLicensor is old version after installation, can’t activate. Download new eLicensor, try to activate. Can’t re-activate because license has already been activated, even though the software won’t load because e-Licensor was wrong. Go to website, follow directions for Re-activation. Does not work at all. Will not send re-activation code because serial number of eLicensor is the same, and not they demand a new one! Uninstall eLicensor then re-install and re-input serial number into reactivation… failure. Try to re-generate activation code… failure. Try installing from scratch…failure. Total nightmare.

Does ANYONE (Ed Doll???) have any WORKABLE advice on how to get a new re-activation code for a laptop on which Cubase was previously installed but which refuses to load? This should be a simple question. Thank you to anyone who can help.

1 Like

Download the eLicenser Installation Helper and try reactivating again. I posted this above:

The Cubase installation is very simple:

-Double click the installer
-After installing, run the eLicenser Control Center or try to run Cubase
-Use the activation code that was emailed to you.

Sorry that you ran into issues but the installation procedure is as simple as it can possibly get. These steps are required by pretty much every commercial program ever.

Since I’m from Greece, the whole thing with support, leads me to contact with the official resseler of my country, which I STRONGLY believe they are unavailable and non authorised to downgrade any license. And I really can’t find any support email from Steinberg.

Anyway, I don’t think that Steinberg as a respectful company, is good to rely on the policies of the distributors for after sales services when the issue mainly about software.

So if I’m trying to upgrade from AI to Elements do I need to download the full version of Elements?

Because elicenser says that the activation code won’t upgrade any of the software which is AI.

I am also having the same problem. I have purchased and downloaded the CUBASE 9.5 Artist upgrade from CUBASE 6) I can run the CUBASE 9.5 but not activate or register it and it now has me locked into the trial period where I have only 16 more hours left to use it.(both on the upgrade AND on the 6.) So basically I paid over $600 for something I can use for two days!

So when I try to activate the CUBASE 9.5 upgrade on the registration page I get this error code.
Activation Code not found. Make sure that the code has been entered in the eLicenser Control Center.(for the upgrade)

When I try to inter the upgrade activation code on the eLic I get this error code.(when I am LOOKING at it on the eLic)
Currently there is no license available to be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB eLic which holds an appropriate upgradeable lic to your computer

The CUBASE 6 and eLIc ARE registered at Steinberg webpage. I have performed maintenance tasks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both CUBASE and the eLIc. I have cleaned up eLIc Memory and updated Database and resent eLic information

I can not even reactivate the CUBASE or the UPGRADE as both(6/9.5) of the activation codes say activation codes not found.
I would also like to note yes I turned off the firewall and antivirus and was running as Administrator. eLic version 6-10-6-2223

1 Like

Hi,

New to this forum.

We have purchased a used Zoom Bass effects pedal (two, in fact, because the first one got damaged by a deffective power supply). Those pedals come with Cubase LE software.

I need to know if I can activate the software for our use.

It must be noted that the previous owners did not give us the papers with the activation codes. I only have access to the hardware serial numbers.

Hi guys,

Newbie here. i received the Cubase AI 5 that came with bundled with a yamaha interface. For the life of me i cant find the 32 digit activation code. It says it was supposed to come on a sheet attatched with the product, but i can not find it. Maybe Steinberg never sent it? Is there a way some one can explain to me in layman terms how i can get the code please?

Thanks heaps!

Ok, so after a few weeks of messing around and finally getting things to work again, this licensing thing has popped up again!
Again I can no longer use my device and again I get no help.

The licensing software no just crashes and generates an unhandled error (which is a sign of bad programming!)
Why anyone would make it so hard on paying customers is beyond me.

That was probably caused by a Windows update. Please uninstall the eLicenser Control Center, then install the eLicenser Installation Helper at the bottom of this page:

Then reactivate your license again.

Before running the eLicenser Installation Helper, make sure that your Cubase license is registered to your MySteinberg account.

Hi everyone,
Perhaps this has been posted before, but I wasn’t able to find a solution for my problems. I’ve received a Cubase LE licence included with a Zoom and I installed it on my Macbook pro. It worked alright and I was able to activate the licence (or at least it says it is activated on the ‘My steinberg’ site). After a while, however, I reinstalled the system so naturally I had to reinstall Cubase as well, but now I cannot seem to get it working. When I try to run it, the program prompts me to start a licence activation, but neither soft e-licencer or the activation code listed on My Steinberg account don’t work. If I try to enter an activation licence by using eLicencer Control Center, the program “knows” that this is the code that activates the cubase, but when I press ‘Download Licence’ it says that the activation code has been used already. Then I tried reactivating the Software through ‘my steinberg’ page but again to no avail.
I should also mention that I cannot even access ‘My support’ - when I press ‘my requests’ it sends me back to login page, I log back in and try the same again and the same happens.

Is there something I can do to make cubase work again?

kind regards