Yamaha MG10XU backing track bleed solution needed

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
Go Big Red6

Yamaha MG10XU backing track bleed solution needed

Post by Go Big Red6 »

I am relatively new to DAW but come from years in the old analog world of recording. I understand mic and input bleed concepts what I can't figure out is how to prevent this in the DAW world I'm now in. I have a backing track routed into my MG10XU in channel 7. running into monitors to listen through headphones only. I have my digital piano mono in channel 1 panned hard left on the board. My bus is set up as mono input into channel 1. I can record the piano all day and get great sound on the track but it always has a bit of the backing track from channel 7 bleeding through on playback.
What am I missing. From what I understand the Yamaha ONLY takes input from channel 1 and 2 to dump into the DAW in the selected set up bus.
I have the "to monitor" button depressed on the board so as not to send the backing track to "stereo" outs.

Let me know how to solve this as I know it has to be something easy. Any help MUCH appreciated.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Yamaha MG10XU backing track bleed solution needed

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

Make sure loopback is not enabled on the Audio Device (driver), please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Go Big Red6

Re: Yamaha MG10XU backing track bleed solution needed

Post by Go Big Red6 »

Thanks I solved it as I had to delete the stereo bus that is automatically inserted each time I launch a project. Once I made sure I only had two mono busses and that was all it disappeared.
Thanks again for the response.

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”