Can't Find Saved Project

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
Rawker

Can't Find Saved Project

Post by Rawker »

I've saved all my backup folders from my previous computer onto a flash drive. I have a new computer set up and installed Cubase. I can open the folders from flash drive with no problem. Then when I go save them as a project inside Cubase it saves. So I remove my flash since my project folders are now saved on the new computer.

But when i go and open up the project inside Cubase, rather than open the saved project, it says it can't find the location of the folder! Why is that? if I saved it on new computer when Cubase is installed, then I assume it should not be wanting to find the flash drive. What is happening can somebody please help?

delphin2424

Re: Can't Find Saved Project

Post by delphin2424 »

instead of "save as..." try to use the function "Back up project" in the File Menu

the problem is that "save as" function will not link the project with the NEW folder instead of the "Back up..." function

Rawker

Post by Rawker »

delphin2424 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:36 am
instead of "save as..." try to use the function "Back up project" in the File Menu

the problem is that "save as" function will not link the project with the NEW folder instead of the "Back up..." function

for more tips check this youtube channel:
[spam removed]
I checked the You Tube Channel there is nothing there about Cubase and my question regarding the save file issue??

Scab Pickens

Post by Scab Pickens »

You should have actually moved the files to the computer first before opening them if you want to continue working without the external drive. Alternatively, you can open a project from the external drive and use the "Back up" function to save a new version in a folder of your own choosing.
Windows 10 | Cubase Pro 10.5 | WaveLab Elements 8 | Dorico 3 SE | Focusrite Pro 40

delphin2424

Post by delphin2424 »

Rawker wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm
delphin2424 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:36 am

for more tips check this youtube channel:
[spam removed]
I checked the You Tube Channel there is nothing there about Cubase and my question regarding the save file issue??
did u tried the "backup project" solution i wrote previously?

Rawker

Post by Rawker »

Yes I did, and it worked. Thank you for your help. Sorry for late reply, had a busy week.

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”