Unable to use new AI license to activate old AI version on legacy computer?

Hi,

I decided to post a new thread, since this is a slightly different issue than the one I posted before (Help Activating Cubase AI5 Disk on PowerPC/Leopard 10.5? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums).

I have a new license for Cubase AI that came with my Yamaha MG10XU mixer that I bought a few months ago. It’s been registered in my MySteinberg account, but not activated on an eLicenser yet. I have an old Apple iBook G4 computer running OS X 10.5.8 Leopard that can’t run anything newer than AI5. I have an unused AI5 installation disk that came with my Yamaha Motif keyboard some years ago. It appears that there is no way to license the AI5 installation anymore using the codes, and Steinberg doesn’t support it these days. The latest eLicenser Control Center application for Leopard 10.5.8 isn’t able to update its license database nor connect to Steinberg’s servers. A Steinberg support article https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206651990-License-missing-in-eLicenser-Control-Center-or-named-incorrectly?_sp=c5d05024-31ce-4a57-bdc4-829e1198bedc.1591324156614 said I could manually update the license database by replacing an SLD file, and that this would allow me to use a newer AI license to activate an old AI copy. After replacing the file, when I enter the activation code for the new AI version in the eLicenser Control Center, it comes up as the correct option, but when I try and download the license to the Soft-eLicenser, it stops and tells me that my version of the Control Center is too old to download any licenses.

Steinberg lists both OS X 10.5 and AI5 as unsupported, so I don’t believe I can contact them for help. But their site makes it sound like I should in fact be able to use the new AI license to activate AI5 with the updated license file. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Max