Setup and Connecting - Helix Line 6 UR44

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
StudyRecording101

Setup and Connecting - Helix Line 6 UR44

Post by StudyRecording101 »

Hello

I'm very new to recording and I’m wondering if I am doing this properly. I really could use the help because I don't want to hack through it. As such I have gone through the documentation but I am a little confused.

I currently have a Helix Line 6 LT and a copy of Cubase 8 AI Elements that came with my Steinberg UR44.

I’m actually following the steps of this youtube video /watch?v=H0u2aIQo8hM
I am also adding screenshots to help with my questions.

I'm sticking with Cubase primarily because I hear it is very good with MIDI and orchestration. This is something that I want to study as a hobby.

I also like the Cubase and Software/Hardware upgrades based on what I have read. But for now I just want to get guitar, drums and keyboard going.

I currently have my Helix Line 6 connected to a UR44 with an XLR cable.

1) Im wondering if I'm supposed to put the XLR to 1/4 cable in ports 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 like the images.(screenshots)

1 and 2 are called MIC/Hi-X, 3 and 4 are MIC/LINE. I am wondering which two the 1/4 end is supposed to be in and why? Again I'm just following the video above as close as I can.
xlr.JPG
(50.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
XLR1-4.JPG
(54.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2) I have this tool called DspMixFx that on it's own works fine. I can hear my guitar. But when I launch Cubase I get the second error (screenshot 2).

If I cancel out of it I don't have any audio when I choose Steinberg UR44 Guitar Vocal Recording 1 but I do get audio on Steinberg UR44 Multi Channel Recording. I'm just wondering why?
USBError.JPG
(166 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Setup and Connecting - Helix Line 6 UR44

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

1) The 1st picture are outputs, the 2nd picture are inputs. You can use XLR for all 4 inputs or jack 6,3 for all inputs.

2) Once you start Cubase, the dspMixFX is controlled by Cubase, therefore you cannot use the DspMixFx application.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”