extensive sound library expression maps vs. just using Note Performer (opinions sought!)

On a subject of using both DAW and notation software for different purposes - this is how I did so far, switching back and forth for notation and mockup, but here’s the problem: different working environments affects my composing. If I start composing in notation software, then go over to DAW for more realistic mockup, while editing the MIDI in DAW I can come up with different solutions regarding arrangement or orchestration, or the composition itself. Because more realistic sound gives me better emotional feedback (with good live performance with real musician being the best possible feedback), which in turn can make spark another ideas and revisions. And vice versa - when i port the midi mockup into notation software, the visual feedback of notes and staves is leading me again in another direction, or simply making me realise that something I came up in DAW won’t really work when real musician is supposed to play it from the score. So, when i chose Dorico, after initially being a Finale user, it was because I hoped to have single environment for composing. And composing music in my case (and I believe I am not the only one) includes both notation and realistic mockups.

Dorico seems to be the best option on the market regarding this, but I still need to use DAW for mockups, unfortunately… Hopefully the gap will get smaller in the future.