Wavelab Pro 9.5.5 Closes unexpectedly for no reason

Thanks Paul, looked through the link you supplied and went through what I could, but unfortunately haven’t uncovered anything obvious that’s related to my system.

To be fair, my plugin chain consists of 8 plugins (used specifically as Clip Effects on each track, as well as some additional (x3) metering/dither plugins on the Master Section used as needed). All other Wavelab meters are hidden except Loudness Meter, Level Meter, and Scope.

From what I understand about how Wavelab handles processing (please correct me if I’m wrong), Wavelab only processes plugins on the selected/active clip i.e. working across an album of 10 tracks (each with the same clip effects ‘chain’) clip effect plugins are only active/processed on the selected clip during playback. (Opposed to a traditional DAW where any insert processing applied to multiple tracks would be processed collectively on playback). [Apologise if my explanation here is sub-par]. So in theory x8 ‘active’ plugins + Master section plugins wouldn’t be excessive in my opinion, but it’s possible I’ve misinterpreted something here.

I also haven’t experienced or noticed any particularly obvious signs of distress which would normally allude to an issue i.e. no mouse latency issues, meters/plugins responding as expected etc, and crashes occur regardless of what sample rate I’m working in (majority of sessions are 96k or 48k).

I use a very healthy dose of plugins during mix/production sessions in other DAW’s and don’t have any issues with processing, playback or recording (not at all a dig; I’m an advocate of the Montage!), but I’ll literally be fine tuning/adjusting a particular plugin, muting a plugin, or adjusting clip automation etc etc and then Wavelab will just plain close on me, with no audible lagging/glitching, no screen stuttering/freezing, just ‘pooft’, gone.

I’ve been reluctant to upgrade to the latest Mojave OSX as I still have some applications (mainly old Logic Pro 9 Sessions) that won’t work in the latest version (I’m still on Sierra 10.12.6) which may or may not be contributing to the issue? But I would be prepared to upgrade in order to rule that out.

Anyways, appreciate your time mate, I’ll keep slugging away at it.