Cue Sends.. 4 is not enough

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
Robin Walsh

Cue Sends.. 4 is not enough

Post by Robin Walsh »

I'm thinking of moving onto a Nuage Controller. However, 4 Cue Sends are not enough for band tracking. My question is:

Will Nuendo see the addition of at least another 4 Cue Sends and will the Nuage Controller accommodate this?

If not I will have to look into another solution.

Thanks in advance,
Robin
Nuendo 10.3 - Windows 10 - i9 9900K - Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390 MOBO - nVidia GeForce 1060 - Lynx Hilo/Auroura(n) - Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt3 PCIe - Amphion

fenderchris

Re: Cue Sends.. 4 is not enough

Post by fenderchris »

Robin Walsh wrote:I'm thinking of moving onto a Nuage Controller. However, 4 Cue Sends are not enough for band tracking. My question is:

Will Nuendo see the addition of at least another 4 Cue Sends and will the Nuage Controller accommodate this?

If not I will have to look into another solution.

Thanks in advance,
Robin
This has been asked for for years, but is always ignored by Steinberg.

viewtopic.php?f=240&t=83704

viewtopic.php?f=174&t=55134

viewtopic.php?f=186&t=81139

viewtopic.php?f=194&t=28319

..and so on.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

Robin Walsh

Post by Robin Walsh »

Thanks Chris.

Yip, we've been asking for years.. So, I'll skip the Nuage Controller and spend the money on a Cue system.

Any recommendations for a good Cue system?

Initially I'll add additional outputs and use the Nuendo sends.. Simple, but effective.

Cheers,
Robin
Nuendo 10.3 - Windows 10 - i9 9900K - Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390 MOBO - nVidia GeForce 1060 - Lynx Hilo/Auroura(n) - Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt3 PCIe - Amphion

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

Robin Walsh wrote:Thanks Chris.

Yip, we've been asking for years.. So, I'll skip the Nuage Controller and spend the money on a Cue system.

Any recommendations for a good Cue system?

Initially I'll add additional outputs and use the Nuendo sends.. Simple, but effective.

Cheers,
Robin
Naively, I'm still hoping that Steinberg will eventually get it together before I'm too old to care.

Is the Nuage hardware limited, physically, to four sends or would it be configurable to handle more if they existed in Nuendo?
Chris

Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

Robin Walsh

Post by Robin Walsh »

That's my big question. At the moment there are only Cue Buttons for 4 Cue Sends. I hope this isn't an indicator that they won't add more Cue Sends to Nuendo.

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

Robin Walsh wrote:That's my big question. At the moment there are only Cue Buttons for 4 Cue Sends. I hope this isn't an indicator that they won't add more Cue Sends to Nuendo.
The more I think about it the more certain I am that this is the reason they will not increase the Cue count in Nuendo.

Nuage is their all-singing, all-dancing control surface with full integration with Nuendo, so the users will be pretty ticked off if they cannot access all of the Cue sends in a future Nuendo version due to Nuage limitations.

I've never seen Nuage, but if I understand you correctly, it has only four physical controls for cues. This may indicate that from day one they never had any intention of increasing the number cue sends available in Nuendo!

Maybe Timo could clarify this for us?
Chris

Dog and Pony

Post by Dog and Pony »

I'm sure it would be easy to add cue sends to Nuage. For example, there are four physical buttons on Nuage for saving your mix setups (dialog, music, SFX, backgrounds) but often I want more. At NAB I brought this up to the Yamaha team and they have since added this ability to Nuage by making use of the 'shift' key; you can now store up to 8 mix configurations. No (apparent) reason they couldn't do the same for cue sends. john.
5 systems with N8, N10, Nuage, Artist Series, Faderport 16, Windows 10, MacOSX 10.12 and many more toys.

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

Dog and Pony wrote:I'm sure it would be easy to add cue sends to Nuage. For example, there are four physical buttons on Nuage for saving your mix setups (dialog, music, SFX, backgrounds) but often I want more. At NAB I brought this up to the Yamaha team and they have since added this ability to Nuage by making use of the 'shift' key; you can now store up to 8 mix configurations. No (apparent) reason they couldn't do the same for cue sends. john.
That's good to know. It would be a shame if Nuage hardware were to impose limitations on Nuendo development.

All we need now is more cue sends. ;)
Chris

Robin Walsh

Post by Robin Walsh »

That is good news indeed! Now give us more Cue Sends, please.

Dog and Pony

Post by Dog and Pony »

I completely agree, more cue sends are necessary! john.
5 systems with N8, N10, Nuage, Artist Series, Faderport 16, Windows 10, MacOSX 10.12 and many more toys.

XanomalieX

Post by XanomalieX »

Not only in Music Production it's a Problem!
In times where ISDN/APTX will be killed by the telekom, we need other solutions and in a professionell Studio you have to be comaptible to nearly all of them.

So I have to switch calbes really often, because I use
- Headphone
- APTX
- Source Connect Pro
- Chrome over IP Solutions (Opus Codec)
- VST Connect
- Dante
- Telephone (Client)
- Skype (Client)

So Yes, WE NEED MORE CUES !!!!

Dog and Pony

Post by Dog and Pony »

Not only in Music Production it's a Problem!
In times where ISDN/APTX will be killed by the telekom, we need other solutions and in a professionell Studio you have to be comaptible to nearly all of them.

So I have to switch calbes really often, because I use
- Headphone
- APTX
- Source Connect Pro
- Chrome over IP Solutions (Opus Codec)
- VST Connect
- Dante
- Telephone (Client)
- Skype (Client)

So Yes, WE NEED MORE CUES !!!!
Post by Dog and Pony » 31 Jan 2016 22:55

I completely agree, more cue sends are necessary! john.
Post by Robin Walsh » 31 Jan 2016 14:41

That is good news indeed! Now give us more Cue Sends, please.
Exactly!

XanomalieX

Post by XanomalieX »

Over 4 Years later, this still is a problem!!

Return to “General”