MC Control Fade commands don't work.

Why is there a change in terms? Nudging means that I moved the event. But I didn’t move the event, I shortened it. Granted it would now be in a different location on the timeline. But if we’re going by that logic, why isn’t it still nudged when I size the event? It’s confusing.

I’m not sure but I think Nuendo “internally” translates incoming Trim and Move commands from an external controller to the Nudge Palette-functions (which is part of Nuendo’s Status Line; you can make it (in-)visible by right-clicking an empty space in the Status Line and (un)checking the Nudge Palette). With the Nudge Palette you can also trim and move an event, and it has dedicated key commands! First you select an event and then you press the desired nudge-function…
I think Nuendo interprets trimming an moving an event with the mouse and the Object Selection Tool as “picking the head of an event up and dropping it somewhere” and “picking an event up, and dropping it somewhere”…it’s only a guess, you should ask Steinberg to find out what’s happening under the hood.