FR: More Cues Sends

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Nuendo 7 can be posted here.
robdeaner

FR: More Cues Sends

Post by robdeaner »

I've been asking this for years (for more than 4 Cue Sends), since version 3 maybe. For multiple ISDN and Source Connect connections, a phone patch for the client in their office, and a headphone mix or two, 4 is just too few. kindly... PLEASE!!!! :D
Best,
Rob
Contagious Music

PC based (Win10 Pro) Nuendo and Cubase (latest versions) in two studios, Multiple UAD Octos, RME PCI/E interfaces, Blackmagic HDMI video, Wavelab 9, Halion 6, Avid/Euphonix controllers, and so on...
Contagious Music

lyingscotsman

Re: FR: More Cues Sends

Post by lyingscotsman »

Never gonna happen. Paternal Steinberg knows best. You only need four because Daddy Steiny says you only need four. I share your position and frustration. But I've given up. I now use Pro Tools when Nuendo is too stupid and vice versa.

Kigor

Post by Kigor »

+1!

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

robdeaner wrote:I've been asking this for years (for more than 4 Cue Sends), since version 3 maybe. For multiple ISDN and Source Connect connections, a phone patch for the client in their office, and a headphone mix or two, 4 is just too few. kindly... PLEASE!!!! :D
Me too. Timo once said it was on the list, but nothing happened. Steinberg just don't really seem to care about user requests.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris »

Long, long, long overdue.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

PC: i7 Quad core 2.66GHz, 24GB ram, SSD drives.
Screens: LG 4K 3440x1440, AG-Neovo 1280x1024 (x2).
Hardware: RME FireFace UFX, MR816CSX (x2), SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Midi Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Roland V-Drums TD-20X, Nektar Panorama P1.
Software: Nuendo-8.1.10, Wavelab-Elements-9.5, Halion-6, Halion Sonic 3, Kontakt-5, Cubase iCPro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth), Omnisphere, Trillian.

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

I wouldn't disagree, although it's limitation just isn't a problem for me personally.
But you do realise that any program with a wide and diverse user base will have a HUGE list of feature requests.
I would guess its probably in the thousands of requests.
Someone has to prioritise and decide to do the following or not to do so at a specific time.
Specify how it will change and what the required outcome is, determine if it is a simple or complex task, plan what version it fits best into, assign a developer who again has to asses risk and if the alloyed dev time is sufficient to complete the job, and then eventually some time down the road actually develop it, test it and finally release it.

When you consider the development process in this way you understand that some features just does not reach high enough in priority to actually get implemented.
All the while the user thinks "this is an easy fix, why has IT not been implemented yet".

I personally have many other requests that would be much higher on my priority list than more cue sends. That is certain.
Filmlance, a Swedish production company producing drama and feature films.
11xNuendo, 5xPT
Dubstage with 4k Christie projection
8xMedia Composer, VFX, online, grading and more

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

Oh, does PT even have cue sends? I can't remember. Isn't it just the regular sends that are used?
11xNuendo, 5xPT

Tumppi Järnefelt

Post by Tumppi Järnefelt »

ErikG wrote:Oh, does PT even have cue sends? I can't remember. Isn't it just the regular sends that are used?
PT has no cue sends...
Intel i7-7700 @3.6 GHz, Win10 home, 64bit
ADK laptop i7, Win7 64bit home
Nuendo 8.xx
Nuendo 10.xx
PT 12.5
RME FF800
DTouch
http://www.finnvox.fi/en/cinepost

ErikG

Post by ErikG »

And Nuendo will get more cue sends during the N8 life cycle according to Timo. Good news for you guys.
11xNuendo, 5xPT

kendalosborne

Post by kendalosborne »

Agree! 6 or 8 Cues would be awesome.
Kendal Osborne
Engineer / Mixer
Recording Lounge Podcast Host
Guinness Drinker

Windows 10 64 Bit / Intel i9 4GHz PC / 32GB