video player only showing black

I am running Cubase 8.5.30 randomly while working the system locked up then CuBase stopped loading. After a few reinstalls I got it loading again. Currently running on a fresh clean install of 8.5 and then upgraded to 8.5.30 Now the video on the sequence shows the thumbnails but the video player is just showing black.

At one point I got an error stating that Quicktime could not be initialized because it was not the latest version. Everything I have is up to date.

I am running CuBase 8.5.30 on macOS Mojave 10.14.6

I thought maybe it was a graphics card issue but my graphics card doesn’t have mac drivers ATI Radeon RX 580 8GB.

The video plays fine everywhere else, it is just in CuBase I am running into issues.

Like I’m sure everyone faces, I’m on a deadline and running out of ideas.

Did you solve this problem?
I have exactly same problem right now…
Can you help me?

If your video screen stays black but you can hear the sound of the video then Cubase does not support the codec that was used on the video.
The current version of Cubase (12.x) supports the playback of more video types than Cubase 8.5, so this might be an option for you.
Alternatively you could use a converter software to convert the video into something that Cubase 8.5 supports.

Thank you for the reply, but i tried that way so many times… But that didn’t work.
Funny thing is when i reinstalled cubase at my window pc, video player doesn’t have any problem. I hope i can solve this error with my macbook. Thank you for helping