Mouse causing ASIO performance spikes

I know this is an old topic but figured I’d chime in if it helps anyone else. After years of no problems, I suddenly started having the same issues with performance spikes occasionally when I would move the mouse during playback. At first it wasn’t a big deal but the longer it went on the more annoyed I was getting with it. I changed the mouse to the Windows Inverted system as suggested above, but that didn’t do anything.

Then when I was looking at the list, I saw Windows Aero (system scheme). It reminded me that I had recently turned Windows Aero on because I heard there was a conflict with it being off and the latest update to Halion. For the first several years on this system I had it turned off because I heard it unnecessarily taxed the graphics and I’m running this system just with onboard graphics. I changed the pointer to Windows Aero and boom…everything went back to normal and no more spikes and glitches. Hope this helps someone. I’m happy to have this issue resolved. This is on Win7 Pro x64 and Cubase 10 Pro