Cubase 8.5 not capturing full stereo signal of Deepmind via Scarlett 8i6

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
davidfredlee

Cubase 8.5 not capturing full stereo signal of Deepmind via Scarlett 8i6

Post by davidfredlee »

Hi,

I received my Focusrite 8i6 on Saturday and have been struggling to capture the full stereo signal of my Behringer Deepmind on what appears to be set up as a stereo track in Cubase 8.5. I have the Deepmind connect to line in 3 +4 on the Scarlett, have created a 'Stereo in 2' bus in Cubase to capture inputs 3 and 4, but when i record the information, although appearing to look like it has captured stereo signal (with two different peices of audio for L and R in the same track), the track is certainly not in stereo to my ears. I can confirm this when i try to add a stereo delay plugin to the recorded track and the L and R delay signals do not hard pan. However, the track is clearly a stereo track.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
3.jpg
(128.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2.jpg
(39.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1.jpg
(22.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Re: Cubase 8.5 not capturing full stereo signal of Deepmind via Scarlett 8i6

Post by svennilenni »

davidfredlee wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Hi,

I received my Focusrite 8i6 on Saturday and have been struggling to capture the full stereo signal of my Behringer Deepmind on what appears to be set up as a stereo track in Cubase 8.5. I have the Deepmind connect to line in 3 +4 on the Scarlett, have created a 'Stereo in 2' bus in Cubase to capture inputs 3 and 4, but when i record the information, although appearing to look like it has captured stereo signal (with two different peices of audio for L and R in the same track), the track is certainly not in stereo to my ears. I can confirm this when i try to add a stereo delay plugin to the recorded track and the L and R delay signals do not hard pan. However, the track is clearly a stereo track.

Any idea what i'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
Now if your Input / Recording path Is correct, your output- or monitoring path must be configured incorrectly. otherwise at least the stereo delay must Sound Stereo (given the L and R delay times are not the same).

Return to “General”