Recorded audio is not in time

Once more about latency and recorded files files which are not in time. The performer I record is always late. After several tests via local LAN (a simple drum groove played back by the studio side and recorded through the vocalmike form the performers headphone) I found out that latency and the shift in recorded takes are less the lower I set the buffer size on the performers side.

The performer side is running a RME Babyface (old version), the studioside a Motu PCI 424 Card with an Motu 2408 MK-II.

Even though, the performer says that he/she hears himself a tiny bit delayed. So I did the monitoring on the performers side with RME Total-Mix, that has definitely no latency, while turning down the monitor on the VST Connect pro plug in. But all my recorded tracks need to be shifted a bit earlier.

I might do a mistake, but honestly, I read nearly all posts for the last two weeks, I doubt that there’s something I did not try. But at least, there must be something I did not try…

There was indeed a bug, but this has been fixed for some time. Are you using the latest versions on both sides? see https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360012899079 at “Download sources”.

No, that was 4.0.20, I’ll update it and let you know, thanx so far.

Yep, it works with 4.0.43, thanx a lot, i appreciate this!