Compatibilty of different versions?

All topics on the VST Connect products and Studio Pass
petermoon

Compatibilty of different versions?

Post by petermoon »

Hi Everybody! I started working with VST Connect SE version last week and have been able to conduct 3 successful background vocal sessions with it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Pro version so we can try to do a multitrack remote drum session. I have some confusion about the compatibilty of different versions. Right now I own Cubase Pro 8.5 which has worked well with the SE version. The Steinberg website says Connect Pro Version 4 works with CB 9.5 and up - But it also says that the Connect Pro Version 4 TRIAL works with CB 8.5 I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether I can either successfully use Version 4 with my CB 8.5.... Or if I can't, can I still by the Pro license and use it to work with Connect Pro Version 3 - there's still a link in the support software downloads where that can be downloaded. Does anybody know for sure? Please advise!

dr

Re: Compatibilty of different versions?

Post by dr »

The pro licence covers every version of VST connect - bu always use the latest version

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

petermoon wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 3:39 pm
I'm thinking about upgrading to the Pro version so we can try to do a multitrack remote drum session.
I would upgrade it right away its half price. I bought it full price and kinda mad:)
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

petermoon

Post by petermoon »

Thanks DR, Thanks Chikitin. I guess I will pull the trigger on the $75 purchase of pro - can't really beat that offer!

Return to “VST Connect”