Minor bugs with 4.0.42.240

A couple of minor bugs:

The text on the reverb/compressor/eq in the Studio monitoring section is missing

Video aspect ratio - still a bit random across both mac/pc. Doesn’t always understand 16:9 Sometimes displays with incorrect aspect ratio (this bug has been around for a while) - sometimes depends on which monitor the PRO/SE plug is on when you open it.

ALSO - there is a related bug depending on how you open the “video only” window (win10) - relates to muti-monitors I think. The pop out window doesn’t return to the main app when you close it.

ASLO (part 2)

Had a big crash today - cubase just disappeared - no dmp obviously but windows log shows:

Faulting application name: Cubase10.5.exe, version: 10.5.12.123, time stamp: 0x5e43de87
Faulting module name: VST Connect.vst3, version: 4.0.42.240, time stamp: 0x5e8ef7aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d8ad64
Faulting process ID: 0x2100
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6117a0a94ce93
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5\Cubase10.5.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg\VST Connect\VST Connect.vst3
Report ID: 2f960e57-272d-4acf-be67-2deedeb9a42e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1526168736298280829, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Cubase10.5.exe
P2: 10.5.12.123
P3: 5e43de87
P4: VST Connect.vst3
P5: 4.0.42.240
P6: 5e8ef7aa
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000d8ad64
P9:
P10:

Everything stable and working great EXCEPT inserting FX on the performer side.

Added a distorted guitar amp and the whole playback took on the distorted properties including the TalkBack mic from the studio.

Adjusted distortion on plugin and correspondingly all the sound (playback, TalkBack) responded.

Removing the insert did NOT fix the problem. Only a new season with the plugin removed fixed that.

This sounds like audio device has gone out of sync (‘robo-like’ sound). That would mean it’s probably not repeatable. If it is, try reset with the audio device; it can also mean that the plugin is too demanding for the given buffersize.

Thank you. I will try and report back!

It was the FX insert. We were using Amplitube 4. When changed to a free Amp sim from Blue Cat, (uses less resources?,)
everything works perfectly.

Strange, because Amplitube 4 worked up until this Beta version.

that is odd - are you able to do a quick test and roll back to the previous version to test again ?

Going to increase the buffer to see if Amplitube 4 works under those conditions.

We like the cycle recording most so we want to keep this version.

the cycle recording is GREAT !

Increased the buffer size to 1024
The studio microphone and playback still take the properties of the Insert plugin.

If there is distortion on the plugin amp, the performer hears the playback from the studio distorted. When the distortion is lowered, the playback distortion is lowered.

Everything is else perfect!

Even the transfer of files works perfectly which was a system crash in the past.

If the insert plugin issue is fixed, this version will be perfect.

Got it working by trashing my Cubase 10.5.12 preferences. When reloading - the program said “taking preferences from previous version” which I assume was 10.5 something or other. I wish I knew what was wrong but for now - all seems to be working.

Nope. not working. Not one thing changed except we lost the connection and upon reconnecting - the studio seems to route through the plugin FX.

So - not working!! Sorry

I’m under the impression that you fx routing may be a problem. where exactly do you insert the amp sim?

I click on one of the 4 FX windows at the bottom right under the INS tab.

Then I can select a few different plugins
that have been made available through the plugin manager scan.

Works to allow the Performer to have a guitar effect, but as I mentioned, the entire signal from the studio takes on the plugin properties, except on the rare occasion that it does not and everything works perfectly.

Turning off the plugin and the signal from the studio returns to normal.

yes, but I fear you missed the point that all of the 4 tabs at the bottom are related to the selected channel. If that was the Master channel, the plug would distort everything. Make sure to have the amp sim inserted only in the git channel.

I will report back!

Thanks for the tip

I totally get the concept. Maybe you can explain why the red light on the Master (under the Performer’s slider) won’t deselect? Seems like if that would deselect, the effect wouldn’t go the master. I have deleted all of the preferences on the plugin and all of the preferences on VSTPRO just to be sure I would have a new starting point.

The Master record enable indicates that the stereo master is recorded as HD file when VST Connect PRO is beeing used. That also applies for the other channels. But the stereo master is always recorded, so the rec enable cannot be disengaged.
We will provide an option for surpressing HD recording for the Master channel, it has been requested by several users. For now, it is deliberately force-enabled, as otherwise no HD would be recorded at all unless single channels were enabled.

I got it to work. I think I misunderstood how to select only the guitar input (or instrument). I highlight that slider and the effect is ONLY for that slider now not the whole Master buss. PERFECT!!!