My Wife Gives My Girlfriend The Creeps

Let's hear what you have made using our products!
iluvstrats

My Wife Gives My Girlfriend The Creeps

Post by iluvstrats »

My friend Jack Bruno played drums on this song.
I recently added some pedal steel and I whistled part of the solo.
I sang into a Warm WA 14.
I'm playing a strat with Flatwound 12's tuned down to C.
Recorded on Cubase 10.5 into RME Fireface 802 in my basement.

https://soundcloud.com/joesrockband/my- ... e-creeps-1

Masoomi

Re: My Wife Gives My Girlfriend The Creeps

Post by Masoomi »

Very funny lyrics
Nice song
Cheers

Early21

Post by Early21 »

Hey Iluvstrats, I was looking for the earlier version so I could compare; I think if I scroll back in this forum I should find it. I still love this song! The drums are perfect for it; are you saying they were changed since the earlier recording? I'm thinking not. I think you might want to consider lowering the volume a little on the pedal steel. It is a great addition, but sometimes it seems louder than the vocals.
Cubase 8.0 Pro, Wavelab 6 Essential, Lenovo Legion Y520 Laptop/Win10, Steinberg UR212, Izotope Ozone, Izotope RX6, NI Komplete
My album Incontinental Breakfast at http://lborden.bandcamp.com. Works in process: https://soundcloud.com/incontinentals.

Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Haha great! :D
Cubase 10.5 Pro - Asus P8Z77 Dlx -i7/3770k - 16GB DDR3 - UR44-C

iluvstrats

Post by iluvstrats »

Early21 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:29 pm
Hey Iluvstrats, I was looking for the earlier version so I could compare; I think if I scroll back in this forum I should find it. I still love this song! The drums are perfect for it; are you saying they were changed since the earlier recording? I'm thinking not. I think you might want to consider lowering the volume a little on the pedal steel. It is a great addition, but sometimes it seems louder than the vocals.
Early, I lowered the key from the original and added the pedal steel and a new guitar part. Also whistled on part of the solo.
Hope you're doing well.

polgara

Post by polgara »

yes i vaguely remember the original you did and thinking i liked it ,i also like this version, pedal steel sounds great lovely sound and the guitar sounds nicely laid back and sounds good on the low notes especialy i`ll have to try a bit of that . I`m not having a pop at your vocals just cause you did on my recording, honest,lol. but you did sound a bit like you werent really bothered or unsure about your voice and it sounds a bit masked by the pedal steel in the mid to lower frequencies, i wonder if the key was a bit low for your voice with this version ,maybe alter the melody up a third or something in places. apart from that it does sound great but all your stuff sounds really good anyway.
Cubase 9.5 plus all the 32 bit SX3 Plugins and beyond. No more bucketverbs Kick the Buckets wheeee! .here`s my bucket list ,oh dam i`ve forgot their names already.

Return to “Made with Steinberg”