Richard Can`t Wait

Interesting. Did you do the mods yourself? One thing I’m concerned about is that mods can reduce the value of an old guitar. My strat is from the early 80’s, made in California. I don’t suppose it’s very valuable, but I have heard that mods will ruin its value. It plays and sounds just like it did when I bought it and the only thing I had to fix was the tremolo bar, which stripped the hole in the bridge. Another mod I’d like to make is to put that plate under the bridge pickup, which is supposed to make it sound more like a Tele bridge pickup. The bridge pickup on the strat (mine, anyway), is the weakest and thinnest sounding of the three.

I have an even older SG (Deluxe) that I’ve never been quite satisfied with, and don’t play very much. The supposed “bigsby” vibrato is guaranteed to put it immediately way out of tune, and the neck is somewhat wobbly. Ironically, if I’d gotten a model with no whammy bar, I could have just wobbled the neck for the amount of vibrato I would normally use. I saw Guthrie Trapp doing that with a Telecaster, and he sounded so great. But I think the old SG is somewhat valuable, so I am always thinking that I could sell it, and buy a brand new SG, with money left over. I’ve tried one in the store, and the new ones sound exactly like mine without the neck wobble or the tuning problems. Ah guitars. Cheaper than orchestral instruments, though.

Loved your Benson solo, by the way, you pulled it off. Your guitar just sounds great.