New PC system... and 4k/scaling snag... is 50-55in really effective?

Thanks very much for the reply. I did initially want two screens… and I reckon he will want the large 4k 55in screen I’m looking at, plus another one or two screens on each side, as he picks up Cubase again, and makes decisions about what is best for him.

I did look at non-standard sized screen ratio’s like the ultrawide, but ruled them out

I’m confused about the part where you said PC/Cubase uses the scaling of the Windows OS for 4k screens… as I found a Steinberg FAQ page stating they don’t support scaling other than 100% or 200%…???

I found lots of discussion about this on here, and this other forum in March…

So I just assumed the problem was still current… as it’s still in Steinburg’s FAQ. It was this thread (above) where the composer Nathan Furst popped up in March this year, and said he had solved the scaling problem by using a 50" 4K TV @ 100%, and claimed that for him, it had proven to be a fantastic solution for Cubase’s lack of scaling.

I then found a few more threads discussing the same 50-55" 4K solution… and one mentioned Phillips bringing out a Monitor (rather than a TV), with a Displayport and 120hz refresh…

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/55-philips-558m1ry-4k-hdr-monitor-freesync-premium-pro-120hz-3840x2160-4ms-dp-hdmi

So this is the screen I was looking at, and my friend can add his own additional monitors in his own time as he feels the need.