Mackie C4 Pro and Cubase

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
u-man

Re: Mackie C4 Pro and Cubase

Post by u-man »

Hi Martin :) ,
i would like to have the software you used for this example. This could really help.
On the other side, it produces the same "errors" like my current project. I really need real-life pictures to be 100% sure.
If you look at your screenshots, then the MCU-plugins screenshot has the error of showing "page: 00/02. There is never a "00 page" on a single realworld unit. The same is with the EQ screenshot, it shows two pages, but the EQ has never two pages. You can activate a second page for EQ, by "shift+eq" button combo, but even then it would look different.

I need to see how realworld-units behave, to be sure that this is a intended behaviour. Currently it makes no sense to me.
Windows 10 64Bit / Cubase Pro 10.06 / Intel i7 6950X / 64GB Ram / Yamaha 01v96i / Mackie C4 /

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

What you can see on the screen, it's not a bug of the application. This is what does Cubase sends out to the Mackie via the MCU protocol.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

u-man

Post by u-man »

@Martin.Jirsak:
Thanks for the info and it seems that you are right. The protocol will totally mess up the page-numbers, also the display ordering seems to be very random to me. At least i know now, that this is intended behaviour and it is not our fault, if it looks like this. Whoever designed the UI, is a complete idiot and that is something really safe to say. Beside this chaotic UI, we can be happy that at least the functions are working.

PS: I would like to have this program/app that you used for the screenshots. The person who i am working with does not own a C4 and this app could really help him to see "visual" results of his work.
Windows 10 64Bit / Cubase Pro 10.06 / Intel i7 6950X / 64GB Ram / Yamaha 01v96i / Mackie C4 /

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes »

I've not see the one that Martin posted that image from (Didn't he draw it himself?), but in the past i have used the Mackie displays included in BC Manager:-
https://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager
BC Manager is used for config of the BCR/BCF Behringer devices, but you can still use the Mackie display section independently.

To set it up:-

1. Go to Options > MIDI Devices - and enable the (Virtual) MIDI ports where you're sending MCU display data.
2. Then go Options > Mackie Monitors - in here you config up to 4 displays assigned to (Virtual) MIDI ports which you enabled in step 1.
3. Then View > MIDI > Mackie Monitors - in here is where you display them on your desktop.

That's a rough guide :)

Alternatively there used to be MCU/C4 emulators on the app/play store for ipad/android tablets - i don't know how many exist anymore though, they seemed to slowly die off.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

The display is part of one application I wrote.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”