Elgato Stream Deck and Cubase 9

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
guca02

Re: Elgato Stream Deck and Cubase 9

Post by guca02 »

Rexxyboy wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:35 am
I really appreciate the work you've put in here.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D
Windows 10, Cubase 10.5. Ryzen Threadripper 3960x, 128 GB RAM, Asus Prime TRX-40 Pro
2 * Seagate FireCuda 2TB PCIe Gen4 (Raid 0), 2 * Dell P4317Q, RTX 2080 Ti
Audient iD22, Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S25, Røde NT2-A
Stream Deck. Developer of Cubase, Nuendo and MIDI plugins for Stream Deck.

stoeckli

Post by stoeckli »

guca02 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm
Same here, would love to have Cubase working with stream deck
My Cubase Stream Deck plugin is available in the Stream Deck store, just install it and play with it :D
That sounds awesome! Any chance for a working Mac Solution? :roll:

guca02

Post by guca02 »

I know that others are working on Mac solutions, bit unfortunately I am not. :-(
Windows 10, Cubase 10.5. Ryzen Threadripper 3960x, 128 GB RAM, Asus Prime TRX-40 Pro

avviano

Elgato Stream Deck with Cubase / Nuendo 10

Post by avviano »

I am using Stream Deck since a year now and it works perfectly just out the box both with Cubase and Nuendo 10 (which I just upgraded to). You can even set it up to show only Cubase Icons when you start Cubase (Application based icon display).

There is one thing to consider (which is important when using key commands in Cubase and Nuendo): You need to deactivate the onscreen keyboard (toggle with ALT-K). Otherwise commands get filtered out.

I have designed 60+ icons and kept it within the Cubase design philosophy (red / white / black). The LCD icons can be toggled and will display ON / OFF icons as well. I also use sub folders to make maximum use of the key real estate. I use it every day and am very happy with it.

You can check out more images here!

Cheers!
Nuendo 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Absolute Collection 4 (Halion 6). UR-824, Yamaha HS7 W, Yamaha Subwoofer, Lorenz Acoustic Studio F1-80 (1979!), Cubase Midi / Key Command Controller: Stream Deck XL. Programmable studio mouse: Roccat Tyon.

Win 10, i7-4790 CPU, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970.

Songs: https://soundcloud.com/avviano/tracks

guca02

Post by guca02 »

Cool icons, are they available for download somewhere?

You don't say what plugin you use but it seems to be key control based. If you haven't tried them I think you should try my Cubase and Nuendo plugins that are quite integrated with the daws and where you can use Midi :D (...and key control)

avviano

Elgato Stream Deck with Icons for Cubase and Nuendo

Post by avviano »

@guca02: I downloaded the Nuendo version of your Stream Deck app. Very cool!! I love how the (midi) commands are automatically populated in the drop down. I was able to get the Midi setup working, you instructions are very good. It really pays of to do it, since the midi version of the key commands comes in handy if you want feedback from Cubase / Nuendo to show up in the Stream Deck. Your importable settings for the Stream Deck are for the Stream Deck XL btw. I just reworked it for the normal SD and made all the new icons for it (including feedback icons ON-OFF). I am pretty busy right now, but I am in the process of creating an icon pack of all my 100+ icons, where I will also include a PDF handbook (with all commands) and SD presets. Hope to get it done this weekend... Once I added it to my blog, I will post the link here. Also gonna add a link to your app pages on my website in my Stream Deck icon blog. When I am done, you are welcome to post a link on your website to my icons (link exchange). Cheers!
Nuendo 10, Wavelab Pro 9.5, Absolute Collection 4 (Halion 6). UR-824, Yamaha HS7 W, Yamaha Subwoofer, Lorenz Acoustic Studio F1-80 (1979!), Cubase Midi / Key Command Controller: Stream Deck XL. Programmable studio mouse: Roccat Tyon.

Win 10, i7-4790 CPU, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 970.

Songs: https://soundcloud.com/avviano/tracks

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”