Sequel gives 'A Serious Problem Has Occurred'

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
james stimson

Re: Sequel gives 'A Serious Problem Has Occurred'

Post by james stimson »

Just another note...
Some are suggesting that Cubase 7 may be the outlaying issue with Sequel. Not the case I'm sure. I had all the above issues stated everywhere here in the fourm's with Sequel 3, and ended up purchasing Cubase 7 just to be able to continue working on Sequel 3 Projects that had gotten so messed up that they would not even open any longer with sequel. So frustrating to spend hours, days, on something that is lost to the world without spending hundreds of dollars more.It is either a screw up with Sequel 3 they for some reason refuse to fix, or a truly evil business plan.

Waseef

Post by Waseef »

Maybe the version you are using is outdated. Have you tried other versions of Sequel?

JonWalter

Post by JonWalter »

This advice helped me :!:

uninstall the program
remove all program remnants
reboot and install the new version

james stimson

Post by james stimson »

Hey, thanks for the reply. It has been a long time but any help is appreciated. The truth is I have done uninstalled and reinstalled for Sequel 3 so many times in an attempt to resolve issues it is almost laughable. Never to a positive effect. The version is up to date and accurate too. The trashing the app Data folder fix which is the go to reply from Steinberg tech support has not once resolved an issue. Sequel runs well on Windows 10, but I work on a Mac mostly and I have found Sequel developed even more serious flaws with any OS past 10.9 (just FYI).
The only thing that has helped is the long list of workarounds I posted earlier, basically it is up to us to find a way to make it work with all the applications standing issues. As of the end of last year Steinberg has officially stopped selling Sequel and Im sure are not planning on developing it further, sadly it will never be fixed.
Too bad really it truly had the best creative workflow of any DAW and had so much potential.
I would suggest anyone still working with Sequel to read over my previous post with 4 or 5 tips they really have helped Sequel 3 run more stable for me and I'm sure they will help others.

Return to “Sequel”