A future for Sequal 3?

Discuss all Sequel related topics.
james stimson

A future for Sequal 3?

Post by james stimson »

Hello Steinberg Development and Marketing.

I’m an owner and avid user of your products. I have purchased Cubase and upgrades, The Absolute VST Collection, Every single CMC controller for Cubase that existed, and sound sets and loops by Steinberg as well.

I recently contacted Your USA support team with a dire concern and was directed to the forum as the ONLY PLACE where I may potentially put a question directly to those at Steinberg who are in a position to answer it.
So here goes…

In light of the news that Apple will discontinue 32 bit application support entirely in the near future my question is if Steinberg has a future plan
for SEQUEL 3?

in brief the Apple news read as follows-

“At our Worldwide Developers Conference in 2018, Apple informed developers that macOS Mojave is the last version of macOS to run 32-bit apps”

Search link with name below for complete article.

32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later - Apple Support

Will a 64bit version of Sequel finally become available when 32 bit is not only sadly outdated but completely incompatible?

Over the past several years I have seen Sequel 3 get only enough updates to keep it running on the new OS’s. 
I do thank you all for that by the way!

I'v also seen Sequel 3 almost disappear from he Steinberg website.

And sadly Ive seen truly glaring issues never be addressed, 5 years and counting.

Still, Sequel 3 is my go to DAW for creation, nothing on the market comes close to it as far as workflow.
It is such a shame that You Guys (and Gals) at Steinberg would design and build such a wonderful tool, then debilitate it with shortcomings so few would even buy and use it, and then abandon it altogether. I do not think you realize the potential here.
Anyway, I have spent many nights praising Sequel 3 and requesting fixes, features and updates on many a forum, so I will not do that here.
Please, just know it is worth updating, and even more so allowing to grow.

It would be much appreciated if you could Let me know if we will get a 64 bit Sequel 3 or maybe even version 4?

lastly, As a seasoned Sequel 3 user I would be more than happy to supply detailed suggestions as to how to improve it should you be planning to do so.
just let me know.

HEY!
Any other Sequel 3 users out there NOW might be the time to speak up! You can call me a fatalist but I fear for the worse.

Sincerely.
James Stimson

greymattre98

Re: A future for Sequal 3?

Post by greymattre98 »

I posted in the other thread about Sequel 4, but I will add something here. From the marketing video, Sequel 3 looked like a great alternative to using Live with a button matrix type controller. If proper resources were put into it, I would think it could be a strong competitor for people with a Launchpad or similar controller looking to compose and arrange but also wanting a session mode for jamming/performing or just getting the creative juices flowing.

For now, I'm using Cubase with ReWire to Live. But the Sequel workflow did look pretty appealing.

james stimson

Post by james stimson »

Hey greymatter98
thanks for posting something.
If you have not tried Sequel 3 I would say test it out, they have a free 30 day trial.
I own Live as well, but never really loved the clip launch/record workflow. Coming from a more traditional songwriting and composing background I would say It is done in Sequel in a more linear fashion which I find much more straight forward. No pun intended. It is kinda similar to the arrangement track in Cubase, but improved 10 times.
In fact several features in Sequel 3 outshine the Cubase counterparts even with years worth of updates to Cubase and virtually none to Sequel. Beat designer in Cubase and the beat track in Sequel is a good example. As usual Sequel’s take is dumbed down. but still a far better execution of the idea. Beat Designer in Cubase is clumsy in comparison.
Sequel 3 would no doubt be a strong contender to Ableton live in the market if Steinberg did not limit it so severely.

OxygenBeats

Post by OxygenBeats »

Wow, I've never heard of Sequal 3 lol. I just looked it up and it looks like a really really weak version of Cubase. Like... what can it even do that Cubase can't??? From the videos I watched briefly, the only unique thing about it is that the tracks have more integrated pictures. Am I missing something?

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll »

Unfortunately, there is no future for Sequel 3 on macOS:
viewtopic.php?f=205&t=169142
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Return to “Sequel”