cubase 6 64 bit, not compatible with audioease?

I just got Cubase 6, started up in 32-bit mode. It crashed several times while scanning plugins, I removed a bunch (notably the older Spectrasonics “wrappers”) and after several force-quits was finally up and running.

Then I quit and restarted Cubase 6 in 64 bit mode. It rescanned everything, when it got to Altiverb it hung. I forced quit and restarted, then when it got to Speakerphone it hung again. I again forced-quit. It crashed a few more times, but when it was finally up and running, Altiverb and Speakerverb did not even appear in the plugin list, not even as disabled plugins. It also gave a message that “Waveshell VST 7.1” couldn’t be loaded.
I also got a message after each force-quit and restart, to the affect that the local volume database had duplicates, did I want to delete it or update it? I kept choosing delete.

The loss of those three plugins is a show-stopper for me. I also got numerous messages that the 32-bit bridge had quit and I had to restart Cubase. Has anyone gotten Altiverb to work in 32-bit bridge mode? (Altiverb 6.3.5 and Speakerphone 2.0.3, which are the latest I think).

My system is: Mac Pro 2.8 x 8 core, 14 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.6, Symphony 64 card with Rosetta 800 interface.