PLEASE READ what I am still missing in Cubase 6

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Purusha

Re: PLEASE READ what I am still missing in Cubase 6

Post by Purusha »

Thanks. I will explore a little bit what is the shortest and most practical way... for sessions with 30+ tracks.

But still I think the Steinberg team should improve this ASAP. It would make a hell of a difference in the work flow...
God is the ability in men!

Post by Guest »

JMCecil wrote:
Purusha wrote:Is there any way to give them suggestions?
Only if you are friends with Timbaland. If so, you can ask him to have them make you a useless VSTi that does something like display random color splotches on the screen to a 4/4 beat.
i like your humour. there´s in fact a little bit truth in it. :geek: By the way i like purushas suggestion too.
+1

KBJRock

Post by KBJRock »

Purusha wrote:Hello guys,

Let me explain what I still miss in my process of creating music. Lets say you are working on a whole album with 10+ songs... so naturally you will use separate sessions for each song...

Regards, Purusha
Hmm... why naturally? You need new ways of thinking, do not settle for "old school" thinking. ;)

I have the perfect solution for you. Just do the whole album in one project. So much easier. :geek:

Of course if your songs have lots of tracks, then you´re going to need lots of horse power from your computer.

Purusha

Post by Purusha »

I have the perfect solution for you. Just do the whole album in one project. So much easier.

Of course if your songs have lots of tracks, then you´re going to need lots of horse power from your computer.
Hmm, maybe I should try this before I start mixing the new album...

Audiocave

Post by Audiocave »

OK, now you have 10 or more sessions and it's time to mix them all in a row. At this stage you probably need most track settings (drums, bass, maybe even guitars or even vocals) adjusted exactly the same (EQ, pan and volume settings). At least for starting point.
I can't imagine that situation above coming up in anything but mixing a live show. Same EQ, pan and volume settings?

But sure, if it's a live show mix the whole thing in one song and break it up later when it's a two track mix.

Sam

Post by Sam »

SB needs to look at 'Import Session Data' function in PT9 (and previous versions of PTHD).

Then they need to start there, and see how they can make it better (not sure how they would as it is VERY comprehensive)

That is all.

The current import/export options are very inefficient, sketchy at best (I have issues using Save/Load Selected Channels) and require you to actually open the source session to export a file containing data that already exists in your session.
The PT way allows you to choose a session to import DATA from and opens an interface that lets you see all the tracks in list form and select which parameters/media you would like to import, and if you wish to import to new tracks or choose target destination tracks to impose the data onto. You can do a SRC on any incoming media, offset against TC etc etc

Seriously lacking function in Cubendo

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

Sam wrote:SB needs to look at 'Import Session Data' function in PT9 (and previous versions of PTHD).

Then they need to start there, and see how they can make it better (not sure how they would as it is VERY comprehensive)

That is all.

The current import/export options are very inefficient, sketchy at best (I have issues using Save/Load Selected Channels) and require you to actually open the source session to export a file containing data that already exists in your session.

Agree strongly.

It's a serious PITA copying over multiple settings, needs urgent updating.
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

Purusha

Post by Purusha »

Sam wrote:SB needs to look at 'Import Session Data' function in PT9 (and previous versions of PTHD).

That is all.

The PT way allows you to choose a session to import DATA from and opens an interface that lets you see all the tracks in list form and select which parameters/media you would like to import, and if you wish to import to new tracks or choose target destination tracks to impose the data onto. You can do a SRC on any incoming media, offset against TC etc etc

I totally agree here. SB team should roll up the sleeves!

Purusha

Post by Purusha »

Maybe we should all start writting letters to SB team to wake up and upgrade this ASAP :mrgreen:

Sam

Post by Sam »

Haha, yeah that'll work! I have been posting things like my post above for 4 years at the old nuendo forums - but still no words from SB for my confidence!

Sonik

Post by Sonik »

That is all.

+1
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”