Flight case!!!

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Paul Woodlock

Re: Flight case!!!

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Split wrote:I think some of the discussions in this thread should be flight cased, maybe in my solar powered solid state refrigerated case :ugeek:
I would agree. Here's an early DAW prototype flightcased :) ...

Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Here's a trailer shaped flightcase. image was 800 pixels and would show in the forum. Can we have a BBCODE to allow the showing of larger imege but resized

http://deathspraycustom.com/blog/wp-con ... 00x533.jpg
Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Steve Fogal wrote:
Paul Woodlock wrote:
Steve Fogal wrote: Now let's just all live out the rest of our old lives in peace my brohams? :)
Indeed. Decontamination of toxic substances is a sensible move. The three Icons above show you that you can still have charisma and talent in middle age. The question is has Keef Richards decontaminated himself of those toxic free radicals. Iggy is a workout guy and Tyler is the botox plastic thin nose job queen. :)
#

Well, I have to say I look better than these guys :lol: Then again they all have several year over me and I've been clean most of my life, aside from my teenaged booze & pot years..and to a lesser degree my early 20's. Hey Lea tells me the ladies at her work think Steven Tyler is hot still :)
His daughter Liv is pretty hot. Image
Me, I never did take all this forum hoopla all that serious..that was why it was so fun. But after a while it can become somewhat "toxic". Even screwing with people for fun obviously creates bad blood...some can dish it out but can't take it...such as life. Even my longest and best friend hung up on me when I said to him (after he was getting all jesus on me) that "Marry was a hoar, jesus was a bastard and there is no Dog" Some people, they just can't take a joke :mrgreen:
No 'Dog' - That's funny

Eh, in spite of this, we're still friends..though I know it eats him up knowing that I'm his only atheist friend...maybe by default of the years we've been buddies...since 1968 :) Otherwise, in reality, we probably would not be good friends if we met today. He's hopped up on pain pills, pot, is a school bus driver, has little ambition and drive for life, has long hair, tattoos, piercings and a self professed jesus freak, pickled and delusional...while I'm literally everything opposite and unlike him, I do not have anything eating at me because he has become so ' far different' than me....but I know that's all part of the mind control from his 'cult'. I'm fully expecting one day that he'll say to me that we can no longer be friends because of my free thinking non-conforming atheist ways...he's even calling both our favorite music from years gine by "secular music' ....again, all part of the mind control and segregation.
Why do things eat at people? As we've seen it can cause paranoia and spawn imaginary vendettas.

Anyway, how's the boat? A maiden voyage yet? And maybe you could build a flight case for it :)
Got a Brian - Morans

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Steve Fogal wrote:
Paul Woodlock wrote: His daughter Liv is pretty hot.
No 'Dog' - That's funny

Why do things eat at people? As we've seen it can cause paranoia and spawn imaginary vendettas.

Anyway, how's the boat? A maiden voyage yet? And maybe you could build a flight case for it :)
Yep Liv is a sweet looking lady ..I've never seen a pic of her mother that can recall, she must be hot too. Imagine having Steven Tyler as a father-in-law (or equiv) :) He's hella funny on American Idol :D

I can see and understand how things eat at people...I'm not ammuned to this, but I identify such typical human behaviour and tendencies and successfully not let things get to me so I can then enjoy more fun things in life ;)

Hows the boat?

Haha, no maiden voyage on the boat just yet. Still under construction... it's been too cold and rains a lot here to work on. I have only one of two hulls put together, frame-wise...still needs to be skinned & fiber-glassed, it's covered with a tarp in my driverway. The other hulls been mostly cut out, is in my garage and about ready to glue and screw together. The weather is getting better lately so it will soon be time to get back at it.
It's taking a lot longer than I expected, then again I've never done this before either. It takes time to research, design, plan, and to make even the simplest vessel...that is if you want it to float and be safe. My design is unique and is therefore challenging. One of my challenges (besides being modular) was to be light weight...so far, I could lift one hull with one hand (weight-wise) but this is before the fiber-glassing.
I don't expect my 'entire envisoned modular design' will happen even this year, but I'm hoping that at least the basic version will be ready to test and use by this summer....that is, both pontoons fitted with built-in cockpits (to row from) and braced together, for the rowable pontoon/catamaran...the future removable pontoon decking and canopy sections will happen probably the next year...as long as the stripped down version is tested and proven...or... if I haven't drowned :lol:

Oh...and...back on topic then! :D
hehe - I empathise. I thought my studio would only take 3 months. took 3 damn years. :)

...and no, don't drown. Perhaps try it in 2 feet of water first :)
Got a Brian - Morans

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Steve Fogal wrote:
Paul Woodlock wrote: hehe - I empathise. I thought my studio would only take 3 months. took 3 damn years. :)

...and no, don't drown. Perhaps try it in 2 feet of water first :)
Yeah, a customer of mine who is a boat builder or more of a boat restorer said it would take me a few years when we were chatting...I thought only months. If I knew exactly what and how to do things along every step it would'nt take as long...not the case. In my boat builders book they refer to something called a "crying chair" to stop and think about what we're doing...and maybe even cry haha...like any large project worthwhile we need it.

Yep, my plan is to take it out in the most shallow & calm waters near the lakes edge..probably in the designated swimming zones and just float around for the afternoon to see how it go's. We do that all the time with my inflateable raft anyway. In fact, I'm going to place/tie/strap in my inflatable raft inbetween my two pontoons for my 1st voyage...if nothing else it'll be a nice place to put our stuff in...OR... I may even just sit in the inflatable raft at 1st and have the two pontoons be there as floating training wheels of sorts :) With all I've researched and planned for, it will most certainly float, not sink ...and I always go out in the water with a life jacket ... in any kind of raft or boat! :)
And then ..... Cape horn!! :)

Hey it took me a year and a half to even start using my bedroom studio in my new house here ...I didn't bother even setting my equipment up until months after I moved in either. I think it's been a few months since I started working on music again? Perfect timing too, because it hasn't been a good time to work on my boat, nor good enough weather to do our usual hiking and biking, which my activities takes away time from music...although last weekened was nice and we rode our bikes from my house to the lake...which is about a 15 minute ride each way 8-) Of course as always, you may be glad to know ... I took pictures ...although only with my phone ;)

Yup pics or it didnt' happen. :)
Got a Brian - Morans

Lenny Lee

Post by Lenny Lee »

Steve Fogal wrote: You CAN stop...I think you both want to stop........
touching words from someone whose sig reads "Shoot from the hip and worry about who gets hit later"
Steve Fogal wrote: Ok, I will say no more on this :|
promises, promises. :lol:
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

Zenda

Post by Zenda »

Hi Lenny
Lenny Lee wrote: If you insist on continuing with your taunts, then I will make this place as annoying and uncomfortable for
you as you've been attempting to make it for me.
NO.

Paul is clear that he's NOT intending to attempt anything.
I take him at his word. My DIRECT history with him is that he's a solid and stand-up guy.
I will merely point out appearances, so he may notice, and then choose what he's going to do about any mismatches between his behaviours and his statements of innocent intent.

I will not, however, stand silent in the face of perceived abuses in his direction, any more than in yours.

Still offer to provide a safe place for Both of you in Skype conference for man to man cards on the table.

Now, Lenny ... about Steve .. please DO continue annoying and taunting him - It's looking like you'll *witch*-kick him all the way to his first Album. And believe me, he's more careful with his bullets than his sig indicates. Steve is the most sensitive hardass that I know. Rare breed and I'm as proud to cal him friend as I am to call you and Paul.

Paul I can't put you on ignore. Partly because I like you and I Love your posts. Partly because I need to keep an eye on .. well, looks like I need to keep an eye on both of you!

All the best
Glyn
The Gypsy King
Music - out of date
Photos

i7930, OCZ Vertex2, Raptors, RME Multiface 2, 12gigRam, C5, Photoshop CS5, Unreal Tournament.

braunie

Post by braunie »

Heh...I got one...and I got one for Mallborough pack as well. Complete with butterfly locks and aluminium profile... Both are completelly useless but look cool ;)

braunie

philter

Post by philter »

:twisted:
Gather thee Minimal Cheese @ yonder shoppe: www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Lenny Lee

Post by Lenny Lee »

Steve Fogal wrote: [At the music grammy/award show - my acceptance speech for New Artist Of The Year]

"I'd like to thank everyone who made this record possible ... especially a shout out to ... Lenny ?!?" :shock:

> :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: <
......as Lenny beams with pride while watching the monitor outside the award theater in the rain,
because Steve forgot to put him on the guest list........... :roll:

:mrgreen:
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”