Idea: Steinberg Hosting Audio Snippets For Users?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
NorthWood MediaWorks

Re: Idea: Steinberg Hosting Audio Snippets For Users?

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

Not clearly seeing the point of this Steve, what would be the purpose? Sort of like Made with Cubase but not public?

regards - R
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

alexis
Grand Senior Member

Post by alexis »

Steve Fogal wrote:
NorthWood MediaWorks wrote:Not clearly seeing the point of this Steve, what would be the purpose? Sort of like Made with Cubase but not public?

regards - R
Ok, so one bullet coming up :lol:

Are you saying Steinbergs "Made With Cubase" already does this..as them hosting? If so I didn't know, but assumed it was just links posted by Cubase members using/posting links for entire songs, like Sound Click etc. As far as I know, these kinds of sites aren't to use for putting up short example clips of say a vocal, keyboard or guitar part etc.

Anyway, my point was mainly a thing of convenience for users who may want to post 'short audio snippets and examples' of just a part of their music/work in progress. For use as an aid during discussions, to help get a better idea of what we're after, say a sound, an effect, etc....since most of us (or I myself) do not currently have a place to put up example clips. I know I can put up entire songs elsewhere, like Sound Click etc..so songs was not really my main focus, just the short examples.
Don't know much, but I know ...

... Youtube has a "private" channel option - you can give selective access. I guess the only problem might be the subtleties of a nice mix might be lost. But, hey, half the universe is getting their music from youtube anyway, so what's the dif?
Alexis

-Cubase "Safe Start Mode" (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT)
-Get variable-tempo audio to follow a grid here,
-Replacing freely-timed section into a variable tempo project

Cubase 9.0.20; i5-4570 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM; W10 Pro 64-bit on Samsung SSD 840 Pro 256GB; Seagate 1TB SATA 600 Audio; UR28M; Motif8; UAD-2 Solo; Jamstix 3.6; RevoicePro3.3; EZDrummer 2

Lenny Lee

Post by Lenny Lee »

Yes! And some free in-home tutorial seminars and tech support and public apologies for any bugs.

Come to think of it, some wine and cheese would be nice for the lounge, and maybe a big screen TV for viewing
videos would be a nice touch.

Oh, and some trade-in cash for my old Atari computer.

:mrgreen:
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

Mr M

Post by Mr M »

Hard to see a lot of up side for Steiney. There are so many free options for folks to host their songs and paid hosting isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of seriously making music.

The downside is how to stop people from uploading copywritten music. Could be tough if your're a daw manufacturer hosting violations
i7-3930k @3.20Ghz 16gb Win7 64x Cubase 7 Komplete8 Maschine Axon50 and 11 hardware synths

NorthWood MediaWorks

Steve Fogal wrote:Ok, so maybe I was high on caffeine this morning ..happens all the time :lol:
You and me both, I missed that you actually wanted them to store the data.... in my case it might have been lack of caffeine!
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

NorthWood MediaWorks

Lenny Lee wrote:Yes! And some free in-home tutorial seminars and tech support and public apologies for any bugs.

Come to think of it, some wine and cheese would be nice for the lounge, and maybe a big screen TV for viewing
videos would be a nice touch.

Oh, and some trade-in cash for my old Atari computer.

:mrgreen:
I'd like a back-rub please! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Why would you do that when you already have that option using your own webspace that you already pay for?

Paul Woodlock

Post by Paul Woodlock »

Just upload it to Youtube, :)
Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”