Music from Film Score

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Music from Film Score

Post by Guest »

Here's something I've been working on for an upcoming film score. The film is a documentary about the net, network security, and hackers. It's still in production but should finish in time for this fall's festival circuit. The mix sounds a little fuzzy at the moment but it's still a work-in-progress.

http://soundcloud.com/soundslikejoe/code-2600

Quietly

Re: Music from Film Score

Post by Quietly »

I really like this Joe and great music for film, as work in progress I look forward to hearing it when its finished.

Gerry
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4.6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz 4GB RAM. ASUS Radeon R7-259 Graphics Card , Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Komplete Kontrol S61 and HS80M Monitors. Komplete 10 Ultimate, Symphobia, Ozone 8 etc

Karl

Post by Karl »

Real nice! I like the end....kind of a modem like sound...sounds like...hanging up.

What sounds or synths are you using for this?
Studio system-i5 750, Intel X25 SSD, 3 Raid 0 arrays (2 for streaming sample players, 1 for projects), 16 gig ram, Win7 Pro 64 bit, RME Multiface and Digiface, Cubase 4.5 and C6, NI Komplete 7, Omnisphere, Trillian, EWQL Symphonic Gold/Colosuss, BFD 2, Jamstix, Waves mercury pack, lots of mic's....yada yada yada.... see my equipment list at...

Reference Point Recording Equipment List

Reference Point Recording

Post by Guest »

Thanks guys!

The sounds are coming from EWQL Symphony, Omnisphere, (others.. I can't remember), and Kontakt. A lot of the bleeps and digital sounds were samples of telephone networks, and modems, processed via Kontakt.

foolomon

Post by foolomon »

Yeah, you'd be surprised what you can find on the net if you google "free loops."

"Just call me Larry."

Lenovo T450 laptop (Windows 7 64-bit + 16GB RAM + 500GB SSD)
AMD-Phenom II based system (Windows 7 64-bit + 8GB DDR3 RAM)
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface

Other hardware: Too much to mention here
Software: Cubase 8.5 Pro; Komplete 9; Melodyne Editor; FabFilter Pro Suite; various VSTs from Blue Cat Audio, Native Instruments (beyond what's in Komplete), Slate, Softube, Sound Toys and Variety of Sound

Stop by and visit!

Lenny Lee

Post by Lenny Lee »

Cool stuff. Sounds huge! I like the counterpoint between the percussion and the orchestral hits
on the middle part. As long as that part is, my ear yearns for some sort of soaring melody on top
to tie that together a bit and help it evolve. Maybe a solo violin or something.

I look forward to more, and good luck with the documentary.

Lenny
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

Sherz

Post by Sherz »

Sounds very 'soundtrack' indeed. Plenty of drama and dynamics. I'm trying to image the scene this goes with.
Good luck with it! :)
| Cubase 10.0.5 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

HornForHire

Post by HornForHire »

Sherz wrote:Sounds very 'soundtrack' indeed. Plenty of drama and dynamics. I'm trying to image the scene this goes with.
Good luck with it! :)
+1

Nice soundscape! 8-)

Cheers,
Wim

philter

Post by philter »

Good stuff. Would indeed work fine in the documentary 8-)
Cheers
Phil
Gather thee Minimal Cheese @ yonder shoppe: www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”