Interesting recording/music websites

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Karl

Interesting recording/music websites

Post by Karl »

I might be the last to have heard about this, but I stumbled on a link to a thing called the Weathervane program. Thought folks might be interested in see'ing this. Basically a program in Pennsylvania where promising indie artists/bands are brought into a studio to record a few tracks and the process is video taped/available to watch online.

They have quite a few episodes available, use a very nicely equipped (if quirky) studio and the episodes are interesting and engaging. Thought folks might enjoy this. here's a link to the "about" page with a video that briefly explains what they are and what they do. Select the "episodes" tab to check out the different projects.

BTW, they also have a page where you can download either the raw tracks of many of the recordings or stems and play with them for mixing practice. This is a lot of fun and good ear training too.

http://www.shakingthrough.com/about

One other site that's a lot of fun, if you hadn't heard of it, is Live From Daryls House. It's Daryl hall (of Hall & Oats) and he does this very engaging Music and food show (I know...quirky but it's great actually) where he has some really great artists come to his house and they basically jam several tunes in his living room. Great fun and some really good episodes...

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/?gcl ... KgodbBYfAA

All the best,

Karl
Studio system-i5 750, Intel X25 SSD, 3 Raid 0 arrays (2 for streaming sample players, 1 for projects), 16 gig ram, Win7 Pro 64 bit, RME Multiface and Digiface, Cubase 4.5 and C6, NI Komplete 7, Omnisphere, Trillian, EWQL Symphonic Gold/Colosuss, BFD 2, Jamstix, Waves mercury pack, lots of mic's....yada yada yada.... see my equipment list at...

Reference Point Recording Equipment List

Reference Point Recording

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Re: Interesting recording/music websites

Post by Strophoid »

Cheers, bookmarked :)
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”