[GUI Request] Mixer

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
foolomon

Re: [GUI Request] Mixer

Post by foolomon »

I prefer these types of mixers.

"Just call me Larry."

Lenovo T450 laptop (Windows 7 64-bit + 16GB RAM + 500GB SSD)
AMD-Phenom II based system (Windows 7 64-bit + 8GB DDR3 RAM)
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface

Other hardware: Too much to mention here
Software: Cubase 8.5 Pro; Komplete 9; Melodyne Editor; FabFilter Pro Suite; various VSTs from Blue Cat Audio, Native Instruments (beyond what's in Komplete), Slate, Softube, Sound Toys and Variety of Sound

Stop by and visit!

studiodaz

Post by studiodaz »

studiodaz wrote:Yes what happens with the studio manager channel strip, the channel jumps to what ever has been selected so no need to click the "e". For people with multi monitor screens the channel could be open at all times. Not really that user friendly with just one monitor as you would have to use "e" to save space, but for 2 or 3 screen very good to have.
:oops: LOL .. I never knew this but it already changers to the selected channel, but you can only see it happening with always on top selected. If its not selected it will hide away when you select the next track until the "e" it pressed again. :oops:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Blackout

Post by Blackout »

re: mixer i would like to be able to grab a channel and drag its order left or right. so i can put the mixer channels in the order i desire. I want this to be independant from the track order in the main parts window, of course.

i asked for this several years ago. everyone thought it was a great idea. seems it fell on deaf ears at Steinberg. Maybe this time will be different?
Cubase 8.5.30 / UAD2 Quad + UAD2 Solo / Win7 x64 SP1 / Asus X99 Deluxe II MB / 12 Gig DDR3 Samsung Ram / NVIDIA GT730 /Steinberg UR824 Audio Interface x2

patcub

Post by patcub »

Blackout wrote:re: mixer i would like to be able to grab a channel and drag its order left or right. so i can put the mixer channels in the order i desire. I want this to be independant from the track order in the main parts window, of course.

i asked for this several years ago. everyone thought it was a great idea. seems it fell on deaf ears at Steinberg. Maybe this time will be different?
+1

studiodaz

Post by studiodaz »

Blackout wrote:re: mixer i would like to be able to grab a channel and drag its order left or right. so i can put the mixer channels in the order i desire. I want this to be independant from the track order in the main parts window, of course.

Just trying to get the concept of this, what situation would this be used for over having the tracks also move order in the arrangement page?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

crohde

Post by crohde »

Centralmusic wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:Steinberg had built in "color coding fader caps" years ago in V-Stack:

= not too colorful, professional, very slick, great clear view!

And that would be my personal favorite: I choose this one - with user adjustments in the preferences.

Also the channel type symbols having matching colors. Many 'real' mixers have colored fader caps for different channel types.
The most important thing, is a clearly visible difference.
bump!
;-)

Hello guys,

Short update:
I just saw on Dave's computer a working prototype of Cubase's mixer with colored fader caps. This feature will be available in the next supported update if everything (e.g. quality assurance testing) goes well.
By default the caps will be all as they are now. In the appearance settings there will be a slider where you can select the intensity of the color. Dead left means no color (as it is now) while dead right means full color saturation. Of course you can choose anything in between. :mrgreen:
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Strophoid
Grand Senior Member

Post by Strophoid »

Huzzah :D
Software: Steinberg Cubase Pro 8 64-bit.
Hardware: Intel i5 6600, 16Gb DDR3, Win7 64-bit
Mackie Onyx 1620i - Steinberg Midex 8 - Steinberg CC121.

My humble contributions to what could be considered music.

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

crohde wrote: Hello guys,

Short update:
I just saw on Dave's computer a working prototype of Cubase's mixer with colored fader caps.
great news!!! :D

P.S:
Carlos, I hope that you don´t get any problems, because you've spied on your colleagues computer...(?)

;-)
:mrgreen:
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

crohde

Post by crohde »

Centralmusic wrote: P.S:
Carlos, I hope that you don´t get any problems, because you've spied on your colleagues computer...(?)

;-)
Not at all, he showed it to me. :)
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

crohde wrote:
Centralmusic wrote: P.S:

;-)
Not at all, he showed it to me. :)
Very good... But what about his computer :mrgreen:
??????Split
Cubase 10|MOTU 16A
Still at it... just!

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Split wrote:
Very good... But what about his computer :mrgreen:
erm...maybe Dave was just on toilet..and Carlos.... (no!!! no presumption!)
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

patcub

Post by patcub »

crohde wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:Steinberg had built in "color coding fader caps" years ago in V-Stack:

= not too colorful, professional, very slick, great clear view!

And that would be my personal favorite: I choose this one - with user adjustments in the preferences.

Also the channel type symbols having matching colors. Many 'real' mixers have colored fader caps for different channel types.
The most important thing, is a clearly visible difference.
bump!
;-)

Hello guys,

Short update:
I just saw on Dave's computer a working prototype of Cubase's mixer with colored fader caps. This feature will be available in the next supported update if everything (e.g. quality assurance testing) goes well.
By default the caps will be all as they are now. In the appearance settings there will be a slider where you can select the intensity of the color. Dead left means no color (as it is now) while dead right means full color saturation. Of course you can choose anything in between. :mrgreen:
Thanks for the information, and thank you Steinberg for listening, this is good news. I hope it looks good and it's efficient for identifying channels.

I also hope SB is considering the ability of coloring the whole channel strip like in Protools and Reaper, or at least a bigger portion than the actual tiny rectangle at the bottom.

At least make it an option please.

Thanks.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”