very attractive graphics in cubase 6!

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
jalusblu

Re: very attractive graphics in cubase 6!

Post by jalusblu »

I like the idea of being able to colour code the fader cap. That's a good idea.
The real question here is one of user choice and flexibility though. What we really want is the option to be able to colour code the channel strip or the fader cap etc. Then everyone would be happy :D

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

Centralmusic wrote:all a matter of taste. as in the whole life...
not really ...
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|
System SSD | 7tb Data HDs
RME RayDat | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 | Steinberg UR 824
Win7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 8.5.20 64bit | Samplitude X3 64bit
Sony VAIO | Intel 2x 2,4 gHz | Win 7 SP1 64bit | Cubase 6.5.5
Steinberg user since Commodore

BinaryAudio

Post by BinaryAudio »

jalusblu wrote:I like the idea of being able to colour code the fader cap. That's a good idea.
The real question here is one of user choice and flexibility though. What we really want is the option to be able to colour code the channel strip or the fader cap etc. Then everyone would be happy :D
+1 here...please give us some channel display choices that can suit everyone's requirements.
Asus X99-Deluxe | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM | Intel i7 5930K CPU @4.2 GHz | Windows 10 64Bit | Cubase 9.5 & 10 PRO | RME Fireface UC | Access Virus TI | UAD-2 Quad x2

Puma0382

Post by Puma0382 »

BinaryAudio wrote:
jalusblu wrote:I like the idea of being able to colour code the fader cap. That's a good idea.
+1 here...please give us some channel display choices that can suit everyone's requirements.
Hmmm... horses for courses I guess, but I could see the colour-coded fader cap idea, making the mixer look pig ugly to be honest... (something from Toy 'R' Us or 'My Mum's First Mixer'...?!! Nah..! Not for me...)

So, +1 to having choices. :)

Personally..? I'd like just that 'beading' or piping around the buttons next to the fader (currently a subtle 'grey') to be able to be coloured - you know, subtly...
System 1:- Win10 64bit, Gigabyte H81M m/board, Intel i7 4790 3.6Ghz, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, 2 x 22" HD monitors; Steinberg UR44; Cubase Pro v10.5.20, WaveLab Pro v10.0.40, Studio One v4.6.1, Dorico Elements v3.5.10, Addictive Drums 2, Komplete 12, StylusRMX

System 2:- Win10 32bit, Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, Delta 1010LT; Cubase Pro v8.0.40, WaveLab Pro v9.1.0, Komplete10, StylusRMX

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

DaDa wrote:
Centralmusic wrote:all a matter of taste. as in the whole life...
not really ...
My statement was to understand with a pinch of sarcasm.
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Post by Centralmusic »

Absolutely.
By the way, Steinberg (!) had built in "color code the fader caps" years ago in V-Stack!
...perhaps anyone can still remember?

= not too colorful, professional, very slick, great clear view!
And that would be my personal favorite.
I choose this one. With user adjustments in the preferences.
8-)
Opinions?
!!! NOTE: This is a user forum. It's from users to users. This is not a technical support forum. Therefore sometime some Steinberg employees appear here and help the users. !!!
"Do you already know the manual?"
Kennst du schon das Handbuch?"

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

Centralmusic wrote:
Absolutely.
By the way, Steinberg (!) had built in "color code the fader caps" years ago in V-Stack!
...perhaps anyone can still remember?
= not too colorful, professional, very slick, great clear view!
And that would be my personal favorite.
I choose this one. With user adjustments in the preferences.
8-)
Opinions?
That looks pretty good !
Also the channel type symbols having matching colors, is a good idea.

I don't think it's looking too toyish.
Many 'real' mixers have colored fader caps for different channel types.

I also like the pre V6 coloring method.
The most important thing, is a clearly visible difference.

Just my 2 € cent ...
bye, Jan
Intel Z87 | i5 4670K @ 4x 4,2gHz | 16gb RAM | 6850 silent | 37", 2x 24", 22" LCDs|

matjones

Post by matjones »

DaDa wrote: That looks pretty good !
Also the channel type symbols having matching colors, is a good idea.

I don't think it's looking too toyish.
Many 'real' mixers have colored fader caps for different channel types.

yep!
just like the YAMAHA desk i have sat just a few feet away
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

So No Music

Post by So No Music »

So should this be a feature request in a separate thread? It's a good idea, and they've done it before.

patcub

Post by patcub »

I agree, I hope Steinberg will find a way to redesign the mixer with better channel identification. I find colors to be a tool that is simple and effective to use. I don't want to read or look at the mixer to figure the channels out, I want it to jump at my face, making mixing works easier and clearer.

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt »

So No Music wrote:So should this be a feature request in a separate thread? It's a good idea, and they've done it before.
I don't think that is needed, since they have shown to actively read the forum.

BTW, +1 on the fader caps and the channel types. Shown topic images shows the advantage, IMO.
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Great looking program ... but you need to see the mixer channels without trying. It's that simple!
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

DaDa

Post by DaDa »

So No Music wrote:So should this be a feature request in a separate thread? It's a good idea, and they've done it before.
We already have a thread about this and Steinberg said they will think about a way to better identify the channel types, again.
They also said they like the new uniform_grey_relaxing mixer look ...
Seem like some of the VIUs like to fall asleep in front of their DAW :?

Thread is here :
http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... =91&t=1788

bye, Jan

goddfodder

Post by goddfodder »

I think it looks really good!
Cubase 7/6/5/4 ~ i7 950 ~ Asus P6X58D-E ~ 12Gb DDR3 1600Mhz ~ ATI Radeon HD 5850 ~ 2T Samsung ~ Akasa Nero S ~ Win 7 (64) ~ Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 ~ Yamaha KX 25, Yamaha KX 49, Novation Impulse 61.~ Yamaha HS80's.

beatpete

Post by beatpete »

goddfodder wrote:I think it looks really good!
Me too...
Comp1: Windows 10 64 bit, Asus X99-A USB 3.1, I7 5930K (running at 4500 MHz), 32 gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 ram, Radeon HD5450 graphics, RME Digiface, Steinberg UR824 and MR816x (X2)
(connected to Digiface), Cubase 10.5 64bit
Comp 2: Windows 10 64bit, I5 3450,32 gb ram, VEPro 7.

Ondrash

Post by Ondrash »

Hello all.
1. Is there any option to switch off shading of events in arrange window? Solid color of events in Cubase 5 look was much transparent.
2. I am not quite happy with inverse coloring of selected event. Is there any option to use old one?

Many thanks
Vibes - More Than Just Music
www.vibes.cz

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

I like the cleaner sharper interface, but would still appreciate the option of changing various mixer colours and formats..... a la DP7.
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

S4410

Post by S4410 »

I also find the idea of color cups very clever.
i think it will work fine without changing much the new attractive design.
Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 10.5 | Wavelab Pro 10 | Dorico Pro 3 | iC| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions | Ableton Live Intro (rewired) | UAD-2 Quad

HP Elitebook| Cubase Elements

submarin

Post by submarin »

as many people said, matter of taste differs but I´m with you guys on the fader caps!

Just one thing for me more important, make the mixer expandable to full screen mode showing sends and plugins at the same time, for me most important...
core i7 4770, 32 GB Ram, UAD 2 Quad, RME Digiface, Cubase 7.5, Sonar X2, Reaper, Ableton Live 9

chase

Post by chase »

^
I prefer the option to shade the fader area (as pre C6) rather than just the fader cap.

That's because I think I'd find it easier to see the shaded area in periferal vision, and (I expect, for me) it would be quicker to locate the pale colour-shading that covers that larger area - and always the SAME area - rather than a small fader cap that could be anywhere within that area.

For me, what's of primary importance in the colour scheme isn't whether or not it looks attractive - it's whether it helps or hinders you when you're using Cubase. If it can be made attractive as wel as ergonomic, that's excellent; but I wouldn't sacrifice any ergonomic benefits AT ALL for the sake of an elegant look.

Having no colouring options at all? ... Not good IMHO. That's why those little switch things that you can use to set off fire alarms aren't painted the same colour as the wall that they're on. And the sticking plasters that cooks use aren't the same colour as the food they prepare.

And I wouldn't ask Steinberg to paint my piano's black keys white just because some people think that looks more restful.

JeffTD

Post by JeffTD »

I don't care how it's implemented, but if we don't get some kind of event transparency back, I can't use Cubase 6. It's worthless to me without that one 'feature.'

Post by Guest »

From what I can tell, it looks like Cubase 6 has one of the most visually appealing GUIs, Mac or PC.

+1 for color caps on the mixer and for the return of the transparency effect.

Keres

Post by Keres »

And another +1 for coloured caps.
C6.0.7/ CC121/ XP 32 SP2/ 2xDelta 1010

crohde

Post by crohde »

Hello guys,

Short update:
I just saw on Dave's computer a working prototype of Cubase's mixer with colored fader caps. This feature will be available in the next supported update if everything (e.g. quality assurance testing) goes well.
By default the caps will be all as they are now. In the appearance settings there will be a slider where you can select the intensity of the color. Dead left means no color (as it is now) while dead right means full color saturation. Of course you can choose anything in between. :mrgreen:
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

matjones

Post by matjones »

Nice one Carlos! thanks for that! :D
Cubase 10.5.12 Asus Z390-Plus, i9 9900 @ (3.7) 5GHz, 64GB DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, RME Multiface II PCIe, SSL Alpha Channel/Fusion, UAD2 Octo/Solo/Quad, UA6176, Neve 8801/8803, Loads of plugs, WL10, Melodyne Studio 5, Arturia VC7, iZotope MPS, Eventide XI, Various toys, Telefunken, Neumann, AKG, Austrian Audio, Sontronics, Shure Mics, Adam A7X and Avantone monitors, AKG K702, ATH-M70x, Nektar P6, Warwick, Spector Basses, Gibson Les Paul Studio & loads of other junk.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they're open.

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”