RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Tones2

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by Tones2 »

Business Rules 101: Unless it's a made to order item, you cannot take and keep money from a customer unless you ship or otherwise deliver the product.
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

uarte

Post by uarte »

I agree that this has turned into a problem. The lack of communication is the biggest problem... no one seems to really know anything. Hoping Steinberg and Asknet get together and figure this out ASAP... They have given us no information at all. Just give us some real, accurate information, please. It would take a phone call.

I've already paid going on two weeks ago, without a peep... at this point, I think early buyers should get a free expedited shipping upgrade.

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

Good News: I spoke to a Steinberg North America representative just now and as of late afternoon (today), Cubase 6 has arrived at the warehouse. The products "should be shipped out by tomorrow and/or you should receive tracking information by tomorrow." If you do not receive any tracking information by midnight tonight (Eastern/Atlantic time) you need to call Steinberg to get your tracking number. If you do not get it by Steinberg tomorrow, you should "definitely receive it by this coming Monday, the 31st of January."
Alastor | Music Producer | DJ | Writer
RME FireFace UCX | PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC m10 | Windows 10 Professional | Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 | nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB GDDR5 | Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Cores, 16 threads | Samsung 32GB DDR4 3000 (2x16GB) | Samsung 500GB M.2, FireCuda SSHD 3x2TB , Western Digital 16TB External HDDs | Access Music Virus TI

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

FShkreli wrote:Good News: I spoke to a Steinberg North America representative just now ...you should "definitely receive it by this coming Monday, the 31st of January."
Thanks FShkreli!
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

uarte

Post by uarte »

Yes, confirmed -- Just talked with Asknet and they received the packages in their US warehouse about an hour ago. :)

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

uarte wrote: Yes, confirmed -- Just talked with Asknet and they received the packages in their US warehouse about an hour ago.
Wait...so when should i call and complain that mine still says "pending" and has no tracking #?

To be clear I mean that my order just says "pending" still under invoice #
-Zack Ohren

Rick Cutlip

Post by Rick Cutlip »

I started reading this thread to try to find out if anyone had received C6 in the U.S.. I had to read 100 posts about nothing! I was wondering if this is a forum or a chatroom. Come on guys. Let's keep it Cubase based.
Sweetwater Creation Station loaded with XP, Two Presonus Firestudio projects.

crohde

Post by crohde »

Dear users,

A big apologize here for the delay to all of you who are waiting.
I just got the confirmation from the sales department that our US online shop is shipping already since yesterday. Dealers will get the products soon.
Best regards,

Carlos Rohde - Product Marketing Manager Cubase & Apps
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

JezCorbett

Post by JezCorbett »

Tones2 wrote:Business Rules 101: Unless it's a made to order item, you cannot take and keep money from a customer unless you ship or otherwise deliver the product.
Shame that doesn't apply in the UK. Rule here is - take the customers money, worry about stuff like stock levels and availability later. Usually after the customer has called several times asking where **** their purchase is.
Work system: Nuendo 8.3.20 / 10.3 | Windows 10 | AMD 3800X | 32GB RAM
Home system: Nuendo 5.5 | Windows 10 | AMD 3900X | 32GB RAM

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

Rick Cutlip wrote:I started reading this thread to try to find out if anyone had received C6 in the U.S.. I had to read 100 posts about nothing! I was wondering if this is a forum or a chatroom. Come on guys. Let's keep it Cubase based.

...or four pages of absolute brilliance!!!

if you want to see some mindnumbing never ending chatter check out the slate virtual console thread on gear slutz - running 70 pages strong with about maybe 10 pages of actual, worthwhile content (and it hasnt even been formally released)
( http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... -a-69.html )

AWESOME that it finally arrived - will be hounding them for my tracking # asap!
:D
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

knuckle47

Post by knuckle47 »

Received an email from AskNet and my C6 was shipped 1.28.11. According to UPS it should be here (NJ) from California on 2.3.11
Cubase Pro 9.5.3| Win 10 Pro|GTX 1070 video 8gb ddr5| RME UFX+ via Thunderbolt 2| i7 7700k | 32gb Corsair 3600 Ram |ASUS Z270 TUF Mark1 | Samsung 960Pro SSD's | Cubasis | Nektar LX88|Guitar player 56 years|Absolute 3 VST Collection

0liver

Post by 0liver »

Any updates for us Canadian customers?

How to we obtain a copy of the update as I haven't heard any details or been given any information what site to order from or where to pick up an update package?

Thanks in advance!

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

knuckle47 wrote:Received an email from AskNet and my C6 was shipped 1.28.11. According to UPS it should be here (NJ) from California on 2.3.11
Interesting that it probably flew right overhead to get processed in California...I'd wager that more than %50 percent of deliveries are heading back to the East Coast.

Post by Guest »

Mine is supposed to be in Boise, Idaho on Monday. :)

orchetect

Post by orchetect »

Looks like it's true, there's a lot of shipping going on today. Mine was sent UPS early this morning, will arrive in Washington on Monday. :mrgreen:
Steffan Andrews | Composer | Developer | website | imdb | gear list
System 1: 2019 Mac Pro - macOS 10.15.5 - 16-core - 192GB RAM - 8TB SSD - 580X
System 2: 2013 Mac Pro - macOS 10.14.6 - 3.5GHz 6-core - 64GB RAM - 4TB SSD - FirePro D500
DAWs: Cubase 10.5.20 | Dorico Pro 3.5 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

Crazy stuff for me. Apparently when i posted last night it was already shipped, they just didn't tell me until today. also i'm close enough to the ship center that i'm getting it TODAY! Now the waiting game begins...

Thanks crohde for the update. While i really didn't appreciate being left in the dark about the shipment i do appreciate that you guys sent it to me basically overnight shipping. getting it today is very helpful.
-Zack Ohren

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

Still no shipping notification here, but I'm sure it's gonna be shipped out today, or by Monday at the latest. Time to start backing things up and formatting the DAW...
--Andreas

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

Kotsamanidis wrote:Time to start backing things up and formatting the DAW...
<ducking>Whoah, is that a windows thing? ;) </ducking>

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

got mine! that was quick. Get shipping notice this morning and i had it by 1030am.

Why in the world would you format your computer? I fully intend to install this alongside 5.52

And no, windows 7 really doesn't need reformatting the way XP and older copies may have at times. it keeps itself nice and tidy from what i've seen.
-Zack Ohren

Tarkio

Post by Tarkio »

UPS says mine will arrive in Boston MA (from CA) on Thursday. A long trip by truck.

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

Got mine this morning, too! Guess I was right with the news!
Alastor | Music Producer | DJ | Writer
RME FireFace UCX | PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC m10 | Windows 10 Professional | Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 | nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB GDDR5 | Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Cores, 16 threads | Samsung 32GB DDR4 3000 (2x16GB) | Samsung 500GB M.2, FireCuda SSHD 3x2TB , Western Digital 16TB External HDDs | Access Music Virus TI

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

Xaq wrote:got mine! that was quick. Get shipping notice this morning and i had it by 1030am.

Why in the world would you format your computer? I fully intend to install this alongside 5.52

And no, windows 7 really doesn't need reformatting the way XP and older copies may have at times. it keeps itself nice and tidy from what i've seen.
It's been such a regular part of the Windows experience that I have to do it whether win7 needs it or not, just so I can feel at peace (and I love the idea of starting over). I also plan on installing the Mac version. Also, I've never been a fan of running multiple versions of Cubase on the same machine, I know they work independently of one another but I always end up just using the newer version.

I'm wrapping up the last song on my current project as we speak so Cubase 5.5.2 has served me (extremely) well.

EDIT: seems as though my order is still pending... :(
--Andreas

stadanko

Post by stadanko »

I just got a "You'll get it when we get it" from email from asknet. I've come to expect these things from Steinberg. I'm just sorry I trusted that things would go smoothly.

dahrksity8

Post by dahrksity8 »

stadanko wrote:I just got a "You'll get it when we get it" from email from asknet. I've come to expect these things from Steinberg. I'm just sorry I trusted that things would go smoothly.
Well, at least you got that.
:oops:

Fitz

Post by Fitz »

Hey do you guys like my new avatar?
macOS 10.14.6 / C10.5.12 Pro / Elements / Cubasis iPad 2

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”