RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
FShkreli

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by FShkreli »

For those of you wondering if your order is still pending, it doesn't hurt to call this number (877) 873-1459 and give them your order number. The customer representative will let you know if Asknet/Steinberg has proceeded with payment. While mine has been paid for, I, like everybody else here in the US, am still waiting patiently.
Alastor | Music Producer | DJ | Writer
RME FireFace UCX | PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC m10 | Windows 10 Professional | Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 | nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB GDDR5 | Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Cores, 16 threads | Samsung 32GB DDR4 3000 (2x16GB) | Samsung 500GB M.2, FireCuda SSHD 3x2TB , Western Digital 16TB External HDDs | Access Music Virus TI

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

orchetect wrote:
The dman wrote:Obama just announced in his speech Cubase 6 will hit the states next week.
Mikem wrote:Really classy how we got charged well before the product shipped. That's unprecedented for me.
Asknet not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country ;)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

orchetect wrote:
The dman wrote:Obama just announced in his speech Cubase 6 will hit the states next week.
Mikem wrote:Really classy how we got charged well before the product shipped. That's unprecedented for me.
Asknet not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country ;)
hmmm does sound like big govt. doesn't?
gladly take our money to put it towards "a better tomorrow"... and we are left pondering where exactly our money went

well at least that's how it rolls in Chicago :P
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Devin D wrote: gladly take our money to put it towards "a better tomorrow"... and we are left pondering where exactly our money went
You just have to understand who's better tomorrow they are talking about. Once you figure that out, there is no need to ponder anything;)
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

knuckle47

Post by knuckle47 »

Well, For what it's worth, I too have been waiting about 2 weeks so far and the NORMAL routine in internet sales would be to charge the buyer when the item is being shipped. Mine has been paid for since day 1 and MY ASSUMPTION was it would have arrived within a few days.

We have had so much snow that Fedex, UPS and mail does not even try to get down our dirt road so many packages have been tied to the main road mailbox since new years. You can see how it feeds the mind when your expected package fails to arrive and you have no communications from the seller.

While my emails to them have ultimately been slowly answered....I have received the MOST information from all of your comments.... Not complaining but surely anxious... :o
Cubase Pro 9.5.3| Win 10 Pro|GTX 1070 video 8gb ddr5| RME UFX+ via Thunderbolt 2| i7 7700k | 32gb Corsair 3600 Ram |ASUS Z270 TUF Mark1 | Samsung 960Pro SSD's | Cubasis | Nektar LX88|Guitar player 56 years|Absolute 3 VST Collection

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

Jeez...This is not the 1800's. Certainly a LOT of people know where the shipments of C6 to the USA is - it's being tracked I'm sure. Can someone at Steinberg just pick up a frigin' PHONE? It's a 3 minute call. :roll:
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

JezCorbett

Post by JezCorbett »

I just wanted to post here to say I've had my copy for three days now.

Oh wait I live in England.

This ones for dragging us to Iraq, suckers!!!! :lol:
Work system: Nuendo 8.3.20 / 10.3 | Windows 10 | AMD 3800X | 32GB RAM
Home system: Nuendo 5.5 | Windows 10 | AMD 3900X | 32GB RAM

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

I'll be really *quiz* if Elbonia gets it before we do :twisted:
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

dez811

Post by dez811 »

Well I called Asknet this morning and they said that a shipment was stuck at customs. I ordered the HalionSonic upgrade on Monday after calling them to verify that it was in stock which they said it was. and they just shipped it out this morning UPS ground so I should recieve it on 2/2/11, I think Keyfax was better
2013 Imac, Wavelab 7, Cubase 8 , Uad-Apollo Quad, Uad Pcie OCTO, Uad Quad Thunderbolt, LA-610MKII, JDK Compressor, TLAudio Tube EQ,

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

dez811 wrote:.. a shipment was stuck at customs.
that's tech support for "I have no F'n clue where it's at and I really couldn't give a rats ass either"

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

cramar wrote:Ok well it looks like I will have to read into Avid policy, but I guess the point for me is do I really care?
I'm sure you'll post more.
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

Xaq

Post by Xaq »

Just my 2 cents:

I realize this terrible delay(2 full weeks for me now since i purchased a product that made no claim of being out of stock or pre-order) is not exactly on steinberg's hands. That said, it's just absolutely terrible PR. They hype me a product, have me buy it, give ABSOLUTELY NO update as to why i haven't even moved past the "pending" stage for 14 days, and now it's just getting worse. They're sending me facebook blasts saying things like: "While you guys enjoying the new Cubase 6 features we've been busy on this one!" !@!@!. Made me want to throw my keyboard through my screen. I also really wanted to do the webinar yesterday but figured it would be rather hard to walk through a product i don't have. This is insulting, and i've always been a steinberg apologist for the bugs and other issues because i think overall their product has helped me make my career what it is.

I'M JUST ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS! A real one. This is a big deal to me. I'm starting another major record at the end of next week and would love to have the new features.
-Zack Ohren

claurence

Post by claurence »

JezCorbett wrote:I just wanted to post here to say I've had my copy for three days now.

Does this make us even? :|
Cubase 7.5, El Capitan, Steinberg UR44, Komplete 9, Spectrasonics stuff, a few other VIs.

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

JMCecil wrote:I'll be really *quiz* if Elbonia gets it before we do :twisted:
Elbonia? Did you mean Albania? If so, I'm Albanian and I sure do hope I get it before you (in New York City, btw).
RME FireFace UCX | PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC m10 | Windows 10 Professional | Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 | nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB GDDR5 | Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Cores, 16 threads | Samsung 32GB DDR4 3000 (2x16GB) | Samsung 500GB M.2, FireCuda SSHD 3x2TB , Western Digital 16TB External HDDs | Access Music Virus TI

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

FShkreli wrote:
JMCecil wrote:I'll be really *quiz* if Elbonia gets it before we do :twisted:
Elbonia? Did you mean Albania? If so, I'm Albanian and I sure do hope I get it before you (in New York City, btw).
no, I meant Elbonia. It's a mythical country from a comic strip.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

elbonia1.gif
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

LOL!
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

I seriously cannot believe that there are people on eBay selling Cubase 6 and getting it to their customers before Steinberg. This is what I've heard (and seen a few Cubase 6 postings); if this is true I'm going to write Steinberg a letter, just for the record, to say that the least they could have done was told me that they're experiencing delays and not have me inquire about a product I paid for. Sure, I can understanding shipping/customs/weather delays. I'm not so much upset about that as I am the fact that there is a lack of communication on their part. They're the ones that should be contacting their customers. Plus, on their support page you apparently can't call their support team -- you have to write them an e-mail and they'll contact you; that's why I openly supplied the number a few postings back (taken from a post I found on these boards regarding this issue). Another problem is that their representatives seem to have conflicting/differing ideas of when this product will arrive. Doesn't Steinberg issue its representatives some memorandum regarding its flagship product? I'm sure Cubase's headquarters can easily tally up orders and tell if they'll be back-orders; why couldn't they relay this information to their representatives and/or customers? One of the mindless representatives here in North America told me there may be a back-order for me. I asked him how that was possible when I ordered Cubase 6 within the first hour upon its announcement at NAMM '11 and Steinberg immediately took the money (verified by checking bank statement) from my account?

Steinberg, can you please update us as to where our money is?

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

JMCecil wrote:
elbonia1.gif
LOL. Thats pretty funny and I was only teasing, by the way. The comic strip was obviously referring to Albania. But hey, if you can't laugh at yourself then...

:lol:

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

FShkreli wrote:
JMCecil wrote:
elbonia1.gif
LOL. Thats pretty funny and I was only teasing, by the way. The comic strip was obviously referring to Albania. But hey, if you can't laugh at yourself then...

I'm glad your taking it with humor. However, I would remind you that their are lot of "ania's" and "onia's" around the world full of the intellectually challenged. I mean right hear in the US we have Bost.... :lol:

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

JezCorbett wrote:I just wanted to post here to say I've had my copy for three days now.

now do we have to bring up the two wars we PWN'd you in back in your red coat days? :lol:

well us 'mericans will keep waiting for the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria to bring cubase 6 to the "new world"
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

Devin D wrote:well us 'mericans will keep waiting for the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria to bring cubase 6 to the "new world"
I think they already at South Beach and aren't in a hurry to continue the voyage.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

Xaq wrote:Just my 2 cents:
I also really wanted to do the webinar yesterday but figured it would be rather hard to walk through a product i don't have. This is insulting, and i've always been a steinberg apologist for the bugs and other issues because i think overall their product has helped me make my career what it is.

I'M JUST ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON THIS! A real one. This is a big deal to me. I'm starting another major record at the end of next week and would love to have the new features.
I did attend the the webinar. The presenter was asked about US delivery and he said it was shipping in the US now. Don't know if that's just a line, but if true we should expect (I don't really) reports of US delivery in the next couple of days at the latest.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

FShkreli

Post by FShkreli »

JMCecil wrote:
FShkreli wrote:
JMCecil wrote:
elbonia1.gif

I'm glad your taking it with humor. However, I would remind you that their are lot of "ania's" and "onia's" around the world full of the intellectually challenged. I mean right hear in the US we have Bost.... :lol:
LOL. I know 7,999,999 other New Yorkers that will agree with your last line.

Laurence Payne

Post by Laurence Payne »

DaveDaveDave wrote:Frankly the whole idea of printing up boxes and pages with authorization numbers and printing CDs - and then putting them on an transatlantic airplane - is just crazy in this day in age.Just my .00002 spacebucks...
One of the DVDs is Cubase. The rest are time-limited versions of add-ons that Steinberg hope you will install, like, and then buy. You wouldn't have downloaded THEM.

Steinberg may almost see the Cubase upgrade as a loss-leader to the main business of selling the add-ons :-)

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”