RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
DaveDaveDave

Re: RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by DaveDaveDave »

twilightsong wrote:Many software companies require you to provide your own dongle... if Steinberg did this...
Funny, I could swear that the Synchrosoft dongle used to be more prevalent, used with other products, and available as a generic dongle like the iLok is - i.e., without the Steinberg branding. I could be mistaken, but either way, it sure does look like it's a Steinberg-only contraption for now, doesn't it?
DOH - just found the press release - I guess that all ended in Dec. 2008:
http://www.syncrosoft.com/Dec._1_2008_A ... 78-67.html

However, you still can buy a dongle separately... I *think*?

I'd like it if they supported iLok too - then I could just have one dongle instead of two.
I don't know how much of Steiny's Cubase/Nuendo sales consist of current users (versus new buyers) but my guess it's actually the majority of potential buyers
Ditto! Over the years for me it's been 5 initial purchases and 13 upgrade purchases. After my first purchase of Cubase SX, I could have saved a LOT of trees by just downloading. FWIW, All the manuals and boxes from those early versions are LONG gone, most of them unread.

The strangest of all the upgrades was the Groove Agent 3 (or was it GA 2) - where they started selling the Full Version several months before the upgrade version was released. When I *finally* got my my upgrade, it was really just a full version with a different label on it - at least as far as I could tell. THAT was when I really started chomping at the bit for downloadable upgrades.

At this rate, I don't expect to see downloadable upgrades from Steiny until after cloud-based DAWs with and negative-latency and automatic talent-correction are the mainstay ;)

Dave
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

man... can cubase 7 be a download???

after all the delays on steinberg's end... I just got notice of a UPS shipping (today being the day it was supposed to arrive!! ahh!!)

not necessarily steinberg's fault at all... that being said, if they would of have sent the packages when they claimed they were, I will be using 6 for getting my pitches done this weekend...

Main not to stir up any bad blood, but i would expect this type of incompetence from avid :lol:
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

There's a relatively new concept (last 20 years) known as "just-in-time" inventory purchasing/replenishment, but this fiasco has neither been "in time" nor even close to being so
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Devin D wrote:man... can cubase 7 be a download???
No, but we have C6 in the second hand bins over here, but nobody cares anymore :?
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

The dman

Post by The dman »

OMG "Out for delivery"...finally.
Cubase 8.5.15 x64 Windows 10 Home
ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3/ i72600k / G.SKILL Ripjaw (4 x 4GB)/SeaSonic X750 Gold PSU/ RME HDSP 9652 / UAD2Quad// Alphatrack/ Alesis HD24XR

http://www.woodstockschoolofmusic.com/

http://www.davedaltonmusic.com

NorthWood MediaWorks

Post by NorthWood MediaWorks »

HowlingUlf wrote:No, but we have C6 in the second hand bins over here, but nobody cares anymore :?
:lol:

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

The dman wrote:OMG "Out for delivery"...finally.
SAME HERE! Of course it will be delivered on a day that I have plans for the evening already. bleh. Oh well, one step closer.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

IT'S HERE! Now to ignore it until tomorrow night ........ what am I saying
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Aloha
Still nada here.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

My UPS package has been stuck in Hodgkings, IL for 4 days because of the "weather" even though that's only about 30 miles away and for 3 of those 4 days it's been sunny and clear here. That can't even assure me that the package it not lost, nor can they give me an estimated delivery. Jeez.. :evil:

UPS is the absolute worst delivery service - I'd even take the US post office over UPS.
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

NorthWood MediaWorks

Tones2 wrote:My UPS package has been stuck in Hodgkings, IL for 4 days because of the "weather" even though that's only about 30 miles away and for 3 of those 4 days it's been sunny and clear here. That can't even assure me that the package it not lost, nor can they give me an estimated delivery. Jeez.. :evil:

UPS is the absolute worst delivery service - I'd even take the US post office over UPS.
For that distance I'd be tempted to drive over and get it....

Are you anywhere near Downers Grove? Got some friends there.
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

NorthWood MediaWorks wrote:
Tones2 wrote:My UPS package has been stuck in Hodgkings, IL for 4 days because of the "weather" even though that's only about 30 miles away and for 3 of those 4 days it's been sunny and clear here. That can't even assure me that the package it not lost, nor can they give me an estimated delivery. Jeez.. :evil:

For that distance I'd be tempted to drive over and get it....

Are you anywhere near Downers Grove? Got some friends there.
Na - I'm in the actual city. Not worth the drive - I'm not that much in a hurry. Plus, UPS can't assure me that it's even where they say it is.
Tony

NorthWood MediaWorks

Tones2 wrote:Na - I'm in the actual city. Not worth the drive - I'm not that much in a hurry. Plus, UPS can't assure me that it's even where they say it is.
I used to laugh at their "brown" ad campaign, what else is brown eh!
Robin
Visit Northwood Mediaworks!
| Cubase Pro 8.5.20 | Wavelab 8.0.3e | HSO | Padshop Pro | Win10pro 64 | i7 16Gb | UR44 | Angry Wife |
| OSX 10.12.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15 | Loads of Other Stuff |

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Tones2 wrote: UPS is the absolute worst delivery service - I'd even take the US post office over UPS.
100% agreed. Even the Post Office will hold your package for you for a few days if they weren't able to deliver it to you. UPS, after 3 tries, sends it back... this has happened to em often since like most of you, I'm rarely home when they typically deliver in my area. I really need to have a package sent to my workplace when it's going to be shipped UPS
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

Finally got it.......... :)
Tony

hitwriter

Post by hitwriter »

25 days later it's here... added two days because of the midwest snow storms!

Delivered at 5:04 P.M.

Then I had to gig!

Gonna be a fun Saturday!
Cubase Pro 9.5.10, Apollo 8 Quad TB, Apollo Quad UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Focusrite 6i6, Windows 10 64b Home, Gigabyte Ultra Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 6700 3.4 GHz 8MB 1151, 2x 16GB DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DDR5, Cooler Master Silenco 652S, Arsenal of UAD and Waves Plug Ins WITH VST instruments including Komplete Ultimate 10, Toontrack Instruments and more.... Modest Mic Locker Including Townsend Labs Sphere L22.

DaveDaveDave

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by DaveDaveDave »

twilightsong wrote:
Guest wrote:
DaveDaveDave wrote:Compared to the other 6 companies that I mentioned?
That those other 6 companies have to hoodwink their "fanbase" into an online purchase because you can't turn back?

With Steinberg you get a no obligation 30 day trial, with the ability to upgrade it "online" but for existing products they need to be ordered.

There are HUNDREDS (thousands) of software vendors that provide downloadable trial versions with online option to then go ahead and purchase.

Including, as of just yesterday... drumroll... Steinberg's Cubase! I'm sure the mods were laughing as they read this thread.
Sigh - I guess "Guest" will never read this. I always wanted to mention to him that even WINDOWS 7 is available for download...
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

twilightsong

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by twilightsong »

DaveDaveDave wrote:
twilightsong wrote:
There are HUNDREDS (thousands) of software vendors that provide downloadable trial versions with online option to then go ahead and purchase.

Including, as of just yesterday... drumroll... Steinberg's Cubase! I'm sure the mods were laughing as they read this thread.
Sigh - I guess "Guest" will never read this. I always wanted to mention to him that even WINDOWS 7 is available for download...
I just checked out the Steinberg store and as far as I can tell the "download" option is still greyed out. Do you know when this will be available, or where?

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”