RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Rich

Re: RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by Rich »

Devin D wrote:Yeah so I am quite displeased with asknet
I was assured by one of their reps on friday that my copy would ship Friday... Monday at the very latest

Now I call and they say it will ship out maybe at the end of this week

Can't say I am a fan of their service so far

It seems like they just want to get you off the phone as fast as possible
The lack of (real) information is just getting irritating
I calledd AskNet this morning also and was told all the boxes they had in stock had shipped and they were waiting for another shipment from Steinberg. When asked, the rep said he had no idea when the next shipment would arrive. If there is ever a "next time" for me, I think I'll have SB ship Cubase to me first and I'll pay them later... :?

-Rich

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

Wait, no, the shipment notification I got was for another order. My C6 order is still pending... This is becoming a little ridiculous.
--Andreas

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

what's awesome is that I specifically asked the rep on friday if my order would be shipped out from their first shipment -- he said it would, without a doubt ( "monday at the latest")

the "didn't anticipate the response" is such a cop out!

I guess this thread isn't "RESOLVED" in the slightest

Also good to know that the upcoming blizzard will only give asknet another heap of excuses...
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- »

When I canceled my order I received the refund in under 24 hours. I dealt with the online support page.

I'm cool with using 5 for a while more... Too bad about the weirdly non-professional service. Yamaha is such a giant company... doesn't compute.
independent manufacturer rep (not a Steinberg employee)
[safe mode] [cubase manual] [score editor manual]

zz0zz

Post by zz0zz »

No news for me here in Nashville......ordered 01/19/2011 but at least my card was not charged.

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

Does my order being "pending" mean that something is wrong with the transaction? Or is it because they have nothing to ship? I read that people here were charged early on and then had to wait for the shipping notification.
--Andreas

curteye
External Moderator

Post by curteye »

Aloha,
Still nothing here yet.
{'-'}
If yer gear ain't breakin down, you aint workin' much.

iMac 5K 4.2Gz 16GB
MBP 3.0Gz......16GB

On the side of a volcano in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

FShkreli

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by FShkreli »

Stealth wrote:
Xaq wrote:got mine! that was quick. Get shipping notice this morning and i had it by 1030am.
FShkreli wrote:Got mine this morning, too! Guess I was right with the news!
I take it you guys live in Nor Cal?

I'm in So Cal and just checked UPS tracking which says my upgrade is currently in Sylmar...
I'm sorry man, I meant I received my tracking number. I live in NYC. And yes, I know I sounded a bit enthusiastic but hey...at this point even a tracking number will do.
Alastor | Music Producer | DJ | Writer
RME FireFace UCX | PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC m10 | Windows 10 Professional | Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 | nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB GDDR5 | Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Cores, 16 threads | Samsung 32GB DDR4 3000 (2x16GB) | Samsung 500GB M.2, FireCuda SSHD 3x2TB , Western Digital 16TB External HDDs | Access Music Virus TI

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

FShkreli wrote:
Stealth wrote:
Xaq wrote:got mine! that was quick. Get shipping notice this morning and i had it by 1030am.
FShkreli wrote:Got mine this morning, too! Guess I was right with the news!
I take it you guys live in Nor Cal?

I'm in So Cal and just checked UPS tracking which says my upgrade is currently in Sylmar...
I'm sorry man, I meant I received my tracking number. I live in NYC. And yes, I know I sounded a bit enthusiastic but hey...at this point even a tracking number will do.
ahhh ok, trust me I understand your enthusiasm haha :D

Mine finally arrived today and I'm installing it now!
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

I guess this topic is giving SB bad press so they moved it to the music lounge... The title IS a bit negative....

In any case:

Delivery status shipped ( 02/01/2011 )
--Andreas

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

Yeah they buried this thread like Ryan Renolds in Iraq! (probably the only lighthearted "buried" joke i can make)

but on the brightside... after asknet told me that it would not ship till late this week / early next week... the dogs wakes me up wicked early this morning and bam! tracking number in the inbox...

now with the "blizzard of 2011" hitting us soon... i doubt they will make the date, but good to know it isn't lost at sea
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

RokGeetar

Post by RokGeetar »

Kotsamanidis wrote:Delivery status shipped ( 02/01/2011 )
Is that 2nd January or 1st February? :twisted:
Rok
It's my birthday!

hitwriter

Post by hitwriter »

1/18 and nothing yet... anyone have the asknet number?

I'd like a little dose of that "we know nothing"
Cubase Pro 9.5.10, Apollo 8 Quad TB, Apollo Quad UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Focusrite 6i6, Windows 10 64b Home, Gigabyte Ultra Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 6700 3.4 GHz 8MB 1151, 2x 16GB DDR4 PC4-17000 2133MHz, GeForce GTX 1070 8GB DDR5, Cooler Master Silenco 652S, Arsenal of UAD and Waves Plug Ins WITH VST instruments including Komplete Ultimate 10, Toontrack Instruments and more.... Modest Mic Locker Including Townsend Labs Sphere L22.

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

Nothing here yet. Too bad as it would give me something to do while stuck inside. Assuming the forecasts are correct, that is.
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Guest wrote:
This idea that a simple fix would allow immediate download and upgrading of any given software is pure conjecture and not based in fact.
Totally false.

You speak with such "authority" yet hide behind "Guest" :roll:
"There is no avant-garde; only some people a bit behind." -- Edgar Varese
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Guest wrote:
DaveDaveDave wrote:Compared to the other 6 companies that I mentioned?
That those other 6 companies have to hoodwink their "fanbase" into an online purchase because you can't turn back?

With Steinberg you get a no obligation 30 day trial, with the ability to upgrade it "online" but for existing products they need to be ordered.

There are HUNDREDS (thousands) of software vendors that provide downloadable trial versions with online option to then go ahead and purchase.
Cubase 5.5.2/ Win 7 64-bit/ Quad 9550/ UAD-2/ Wavelab 4/ more sample libraries than I can remember

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Guest wrote:DaveDave I hear what you are saying and I'm not apologizing for Steinberg competence or lack thereof, I am simply trying to point to the positives (and negatives) of the current situation and what may be entailed in order to change the current method.

What I think people tend to ignore is the fact that the software is tied to a physical "dongle" which means Steinberg can operate the distribution channels how they see fit.

Whether the mechanisms for distribution are seen as archaic is up to the interpretation of end user, and even Steinberg have acknowledged it can be improved.

How a system might be improved on is not really for forum participants to know but if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that what you might have is generic boxes with codes and media (no manuals or dongles) and that depending on your current license, they'd either activate an upgrade or a new product.

In other words, when for example BlueRay media becomes more widely available, you can have content enough for two or more versions, in this case C5/C6 paradigm but the code would only activate what you have paid for which would require some sort of automation from the distribution end but of course this is all pure speculation.

Cheers
I am getting a bit tired of rebutting your posts, but Steinberg ITSELF has discussed openly in public an eventual option to download Cubase at time of purchase. Even their Online Shop has a "download" option on the purchase page, it's just currently greyed out until Steinberg makes the relatively simple decision to do it.

Autotune/Antares products use an ilOk and they provide online download at time of purchase. The dongle aspect is irrelevant.

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

crohde wrote:Dear users,

A big apologize here for the delay to all of you who are waiting.
I just got the confirmation from the sales department that our US online shop is shipping already since yesterday. Dealers will get the products soon.
Sorry, NOT forgivable. You made a big announcement at NAMM without having ANY product in position to ship as soon as orders came in? Totally incompetent, irresponsible, unethical, and plain stupid.

I am NOT your typical "complainer"... I've been a part of the cubase.net community since 1999 and not ONCE have I complained about bugs, or Cubase features, or unresolved problems with updates, or the general *quiz* poor Steinberg attitude and business aptitude -- until NOW

GET YOUR *ckingphu* ACT TOGETHER!!!

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Logic101 wrote:
And I saw earlier in this thread someone mentioned "electronic delivery"... No Thanks!!! I like something tangible for my money. I don't want to have to pay a large sum of cash only to have to spend more time and money making back up copies and recording licensing information. Whenever opted with Box or Digital arrival of an order I always take the Box version... Even if it means I need to wait like I am now.
And that's 100% fine. Those of us agitating for electronic delivery only want the OPTION to do it. Making archival copies take, what, 3 minutes?

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

The only tenable argument against online delivery is that it might hurt brick and mortar vendors, as well as other online vendors like Sweetwater. There's really no reason why the large online vendors like Sweetwater can't also provide a download option, or at least a link to the Steinberg store, in return for some "bird dog" compensation.

The most important business mantra of the last 30 years is "Adapt or die." (It used to be, "Buy low and sell high"). My family has been in the auto business since 1941 and there have been enormous changes over those years. The only way we survived was to adapt to those changes.

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

twilightsong wrote:There's really no reason why the large online vendors like Sweetwater can't also provide a download option, or at least a link to the Steinberg store, in return for some "bird dog" compensation.
:idea:

+1
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

Well I finally just got my shipping notification - shipped UPS ground. Just in time to battle through the 2 feet+ of snow we just got and still getting in Chicago. I might not see the package untiil Spring. :)
Tony

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

I'm all for a download option, it would make things convenient for some people(though you'd still be waiting on your dongle). Personally though, I prefer to have a box with a physical disc inside... and the no manual thing is a bit of a downer too. Back in the old days when you'd buy a big extensive software package you'd get a binder with a nicely printed manual inside that made you WANT to read it during extended bathroom breaks.
--Andreas

Tones2

Post by Tones2 »

Eeeoooh - TMI. :o
Tony

twilightsong

Post by twilightsong »

Many software companies require you to provide your own dongle... if Steinberg did this and adjusted the price accordingly, it wouldn't bother me. But the download option is mostly intended to serve current users -- us current users aren't going to be buying full or upgrade versions from physical stores or online vendors, except for direct from Steinberg. I don't know how much of Steiny's Cubase/Nuendo sales consist of current users (versus new buyers) but my guess it's actually the majority of potential buyers

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”