RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Re: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by JMCecil »

Fitz wrote:Hey do you guys like my new avatar?
ROFL .. nice one ... I didn't think I could hate you more .. I was wrong :D
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

LOL!
Cubase 6.0.3, Wavelab 7, Halion 3.5, Halion Sonic, Groove Agent 3
MC Control/Mix iMac RME UFX

hockees

Post by hockees »

hi guys , i just got an email from Steinberg to confirm the shipping , and the package is on the way , am gonna get it on Monday through UPS , so I just wanna let you know guys who lives in USA , and by the way , i live in Santa Clarita , CA .

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Xaq wrote:got mine! that was quick. Get shipping notice this morning and i had it by 1030am.
FShkreli wrote:Got mine this morning, too! Guess I was right with the news!
I take it you guys live in Nor Cal?

I'm in So Cal and just checked UPS tracking which says my upgrade is currently in Sylmar...
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

Tarkio

Post by Tarkio »

As of 4:14 am today my shipment had departed from San Pablo, CA.

Europe to CA and back to Boston by truck. These guys have obviously never booked a band tour.

nke

Post by nke »

Tarkio wrote:As of 4:14 am today my shipment had departed from San Pablo, CA.

Europe to CA and back to Boston by truck. These guys have obviously never booked a band tour.
+1. Just got a notice that mine shipped yesterday and will be here (DC-VA-MD area) on FEBRUARY 4.

Anticipation.
12 core MACPro | 10.10.2 | 28GB | Cubase 8.05 | DP 8.07 | Coming to terms with Live | Intrigued but intimidated by Renoise... | What's up with Bitwig?

http://www.gesslr.com
twitter @gesslr
http://www.soundcloud.com/gesslr
FB - gesslr.gesslr

NYC Composer

Post by NYC Composer »

I noticed it immediately. Obviously "suck it, Yanks" wasn't sufficient.

That tears it. I'm going PC.
Regards, L.J.

Cubase 10.5.12, 2019 iMac i9 8 core@3.6khz, OS 10.14.6, 72 GB RAM, scads of SSDs, Babyface Pro, OWC 4 bay Thunderbolt 3 enclosure, too many sample libraries, 90s American Series Strat, Taylor and Martin acoustics, Mexican Fender Precision.

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil »

NYC Composer wrote: That tears it. I'm going PC.
That's the first sensible thing I've read in this thread :twisted:
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

Tarkio

Post by Tarkio »

NYC Composer wrote:
I noticed it immediately. Obviously "suck it, Yanks" wasn't sufficient.

That tears it. I'm going PC.
Suicidal are we?

Logic101

Post by Logic101 »

I'm still waiting for even a word about my Cubase6 Box... I have no idea of how or when it will arrive! I can be patient but I feel more like I "pre-ordered" Cubase6 rather than "ordered" it. I wish I could have gotten at least some sort of notification of when I can expect it.

And I saw earlier in this thread someone mentioned "electronic delivery"... No Thanks!!! I like something tangible for my money. I don't want to have to pay a large sum of cash only to have to spend more time and money making back up copies and recording licensing information. Whenever opted with Box or Digital arrival of an order I always take the Box version... Even if it means I need to wait like I am now.

So are people getting their Cubase6 Boxes yet? Is it just the luck of the draw or does it go in the order of purchase date... (I purchased mine almost immediately).

trankdart

Post by trankdart »

My location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tracking number email dated: January 28, 3:03AM Pacific Time

UPS origin scan: 7:59 PM Pacific Time January 27 in San Ramon, CA (Northern CA)

Current location of package as of this post: In transit from UPS depot in Sylmar, CA (Southern California) to my local UPS depot in Gardena, CA--where it will sit for the entire weekend about 6 miles from my house :mrgreen:

UPS' estimated delivery date: Monday 1/31

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

Logic101 wrote: And I saw earlier in this thread someone mentioned "electronic delivery"... No Thanks!!! I like something tangible for my money. I don't want to have to pay a large sum of cash only to have to spend more time and money making back up copies and recording licensing information.
I'm guilty of harping on electronic delivery. :) I'll only let go of my silly argument once Cubase 6 shows up on my doorstep, and I don't have to worry about it till the next upgrade ;)

You should know though that all the backups in the world won't help you if you lose or destroy your dongle with the eLicense on it. The only valuable thing in the box is the little piece of paper with the activation code used to initialize and download your license.

I've got THOUSANDS of dollars worth of Steiny warez and upgrade licenses on my dongle, and I'm pretty scared about the idea of losing it or having it croak on me one day... But if an email with the activation code got lost - so long as it's never been used, it can be easily deactivated and a new code sent to you.

BTW, there's LOTS of products that are a) huge b) MUCH more expensive and c) download only - I can only imagine having TEN$ of THOU$ANDS of $$$ worth of software and plugins on a dongle:
http://www.sweetwateredu.com/detail--VISuperPkg-E
http://register.waves.com/wavesstore/storemain.aspx#
http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?p ... 6370322096

Dave

knuckle47

Post by knuckle47 »

I didn't think about your comment Dave, at the time of the post but when you really think about it, 50% of these shipments WILL in fact be heading back to the east coast. I wonder how much $$$ is saved by distributing from both ends as well as better service. Let alone the decreased carbon footprint... (threw that one in for the tree huggers)
Cubase Pro 9.5.3| Win 10 Pro|GTX 1070 video 8gb ddr5| RME UFX+ via Thunderbolt 2| i7 7700k | 32gb Corsair 3600 Ram |ASUS Z270 TUF Mark1 | Samsung 960Pro SSD's | Cubasis | Nektar LX88|Guitar player 56 years|Absolute 3 VST Collection

Howser

Post by Howser »

Tarkio wrote:As of 4:14 am today my shipment had departed from San Pablo, CA.

+1
roflmao :D

Howser

Post by Howser »

knuckle47 wrote:I didn't think about your comment Dave, at the time of the post but when you really think about it, 50% of these shipments WILL in fact be heading back to the east coast. I wonder how much $$$ is saved by distributing from both ends as well as better service. Let alone the decreased carbon footprint... (threw that one in for the tree huggers)
Very common in logistics believe it or not, I know of many companies who will ship from a warehouse to a hub several hundred miles away only to have it shipped back again to a retail store around the corner from the original warehouse - go figure?!

DaveDaveDave

Post by DaveDaveDave »

knuckle47 wrote:(threw that one in for the tree huggers)
Thanks! :) I have 2 Priuses - and - I kid you not - I've planted 108,000 trees with my bare hands!

Stealth

Post by Stealth »

trankdart wrote:My location: Los Angeles, CA, USA

Tracking number email dated: January 28, 3:03AM Pacific Time

UPS origin scan: 7:59 PM Pacific Time January 27 in San Ramon, CA (Northern CA)

Current location of package as of this post: In transit from UPS depot in Sylmar, CA (Southern California) to my local UPS depot in Gardena, CA--where it will sit for the entire weekend about 6 miles from my house :mrgreen:

UPS' estimated delivery date: Monday 1/31
Yeah this sucks... mine's scheduled for delivery Monday too but its sitting there at my local UPS depot in Anaheim just a few miles from my house.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 16GB RAM, Steinberg UR22, OSX Mojave 10.14.3, Cubase 9.0.4

lights

Post by lights »

Well I, for one, am just happy to have a clear understanding of when I'll get C6.
-darren
music: www.lightsfadelow.com
follow lights fade low on facebook

i7 980x 18GB RAM; ProFire2626; Win7; everything x64

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now I need to clean my screen from coffee! ;)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Stealth

Re: RESOLVED: USA - still NOTHING?

Post by Stealth »

So anyone outside of the Bay Area got their C6 yet?

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

Yeah so I am quite displeased with asknet
I was assured by one of their reps on friday that my copy would ship Friday... Monday at the very latest

Now I call and they say it will ship out maybe at the end of this week

Can't say I am a fan of their service so far

It seems like they just want to get you off the phone as fast as possible
The lack of (real) information is just getting irritating
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

lights

Post by lights »

My copy arrived today. Just an FYI, not trying to make anyone who hasn't received theirs feel bad.
-darren
music: www.lightsfadelow.com
follow lights fade low on facebook

i7 980x 18GB RAM; ProFire2626; Win7; everything x64

Devin D

Post by Devin D »

at least there is progress... as tedious as it may be for some
when did ya order and where ya located?
Mac Pro 2.8gHz 8 Core
Win 7 OSX 10.6.5
RME Multiface II w/HdspE + Profire 2626
Focal Twin6be + Avantone mix cube + Dangerous Monitor ST
Cubase 5.5.2 Logic 8
Euphonix MC Control
Euphonix MC Mix
M-Audio Axiom 61 Pro + Novation 61SL mkii
Purple Audio BIZ MK + Pants
A Designs P-1 (pair)
API 560 Graphic EQ (pair)
SSL Alpha Channel
LA Scoring Strings, EW Orch Gold (with Close and Surr.), Storm Drum 2, Komplete 7, Heavyocity Evolve, Ivory II, Superior Drummer with NYC and Metal Foundry EXP, Chris Hein Horns Vol 1+2, Miroslav Philharmonik
UAD 2 Solo, Waves Platinum, Amplitube 3, Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection, Izotope Ozone, Melodyne Editor
Neumann TLM103, AKG C414XL-II, Shure SM7B, Se Electronics Z5600aII (pair), Peluso CEMC6 (pair), Cascade Fathed II (pair), Shure SM57,
Shure Beta 57, Audix I5, Audix D6

Post by Guest »

lights wrote:My copy arrived today. Just an FYI, not trying to make anyone who hasn't received theirs feel bad.

Mine just arrived 5 minutes ago.....and I am trying to make everyone who doesn't have theirs yet feel bad......just kidding. :lol:

Kotsamanidis

Post by Kotsamanidis »

I just got a shipping notification here to NYC.
--Andreas

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”