Product Development and Form/Function Paradigms

What the…!? Just watched the video and read the info, and to be honest…it made my blood boil!

I repair kitchen appliances for a rental company, and I can just see one of these coming in for repair next year with fault discriptions on the worksheets like…

Fridge is getting hot, say’s 32 degrees on the display! …(not looking at the weather then? :unamused: )
Freezer keeps defrosting but customer is more worried about left speaker crackling.
download recipes from Epicurious but fridge does not have the ingredients

Can’t get into fridge to get beer as wife is stood there twittering.

Quote from the info - James Politeski, Samsung’s senior vice president for home appliances, said these apps are “location specific,” meaning they’re designed to be useful to people who are in the kitchen and looking at the refrigerator.

Don’t know about you guys but I like to look ‘INSIDE’ my fridge! :unamused: :laughing:

Quote from the info - Samsung doesn’t offer video apps on the fridge because that would make no sense, he said. “Are you going to watch YouTube on your refrigerator? That’s what the TV is for,” he said.

So… what’s a fridge for again? :confused:

Ah man, it gets better, an oven that texts you when dinners ready! So, lots of people complaining that their dinner burnt because they didn’t get a text!

Like JM say’s, these things are going to (and probably have already) turn people into dummies!
Wont be long before theres an app that reminds you every second to breath, and one to wipe your a**e when ya finished in the bathroom! :laughing:

My mother’s cooker is 55 years old and working perfectly without a service. A fridge freezer I gave and installed for her … oh about > :astonished: > 30 years ago is going strong,

This REALLY doesn’t suprise me, things made back in the day were built with balls, today, its all about how it looks and what non-related gadgets can be stuck to them.

Now, its a throw away sociaty. If an item lasts 13 months then goes faulty, manufacturers are happy, customers just go get another one.

Oh dear, that internet fridge touched a raw nerve me thinks… :blush: :laughing:

So, will I be getting upgrading to C6, well, Hmm, maybe, don’t know. I’m in no rush to be honest, C5 does everything I need it to. C6 looks like it will help speed some processes up, but again, whats the rush!?

Sorry, not sure im making any sence and I think ive lost my way here a little, just seeing red from the twitter fridge for TWITers :laughing: :wink: