Elements WaveLab crashes 20 times a day (SOLVED)

I’m desperate with WaveLab elements 7.11 (build 550) :cry: . The program crashes constantly. Over a month ago I wrote to Steinberg Support unanswered today.

When I installed the program I selected my Audio Device: PCI MOTU Asio. When clicking on Start It used to take more than 15 seconds to start and it was completely unstable.

I switched to Windows MME with slight improvements but the program remains very unstable.

When the program crashes the next window appears:

• WaveLab stopped working

• Windows is searching for a solution.

I can not close it from within the program. I need to Ctrl + Alt + Del

The program use to hang when:

Loading a File
Selecting a file already opened
Loading an effect
Loading a preset
Saving as…

Could you help me?

Thank you very much
Juanjo

PS.: I have installed Cubase 6 since June. Not even once hung. The best Cubase since Cubase for Windows.

Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

What you describe is a system instability. Why it happens with WaveLab and not Cubase, I don’t know. I guess a software conflict.
Try on another computer to see if the same action lead to the same crashes.
You might need to reinstall Windows.

Thank you Philippe.

You mean that I would need to reinstall Windows 7 and ALL my programs and plugins?

This is no fun, but I don’t see an alternative other that starting from a clean situation.
Before doing this, you could erase manually the WaveLab folder in Program Files, and reinstall, to see if that helps.

I’ve done it without success.

I can not imagine reinstalling Cubase and all the plugins again. It works too well to risk. Maybe I could install an earlier version of WaveLab. From where could I download it? If so, would the iLok license work?

Thanks again for your help
Juanjo

Or wait for the upcoming wavelab 7.2, in a few weeks.

OK. Thanks!!!

SOLVED!!!
7.2: no more crashes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: