Defining Milestones for A Song Arrangement Job

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
chikitin

Defining Milestones for A Song Arrangement Job

Post by chikitin »

Hi,

I am posting a job on a freelancer platform for a freelancer to arrange a 4-minute pop acoustic song ( for two singers) on fixed-price basis. I need to define milestones for the job. I will pay the arranger after completion of each milestone. I provide the arranger with the followings:

1. two reference tracks
2. Initial song arrangement (song is already organized into sections intro, verse, chorus etc).I have recorded the song on my iPhone with accordion, violin, the two singers)
3. Chords-melody on a music staff

deliverables: 8 stereo or mono dry tracks ( stems) and initial mix of the arrangements, preferably as a single cubase project.

Of course, it depends on the arranger's workflow. Here is one that seems to me more accurate for recording a song in studio.

I was wondering how I should split the arrangement into measurable milestones and deliverables? I am asking the song to be arranged in at most 3 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CS
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”