Room Correction

Hello!

When doing room correction, it makes sense to do it for each set of speakers you have, right? You just need to remember which instance of the plug-in to switch on/off, depending on which speakers you’re listening to, right?

Just trying to see my thoughts out loud.

Thanx!

yes

This would be a good reason to use Control Room. If I remember correctly you can have different paths set up for different selected playback systems, each with different insert-chains. At the press of a button you can then switch between solutions that are all independently adjusted.

true - I can’t think of a good reason NOT to use Control Room even if you don’t use room correction ?

True.
You are right.
That is how you need to do it.

Newbie question.

How does control Room benefit you? I don’t have a control room.

Are you responding to Dr.?

You don’t need a ‘literal’ control room in order to benefit from its functionality. With it you can accomplish several convenient things.

• You can assign key commands to many of CR’s functions

• You can have different speaker selections with their own inserts/correction/bass management applied to them.

• You can upmix/downmix.

• You can set up different sources for monitoring, and switching between them doesn’t interrupt the signals in the regular mixer. This way if you’re in post-production you can have one source for dialog editing in mono on a single center monitor out of a 5.1 setup… or switch to monitoring only the M&E mix… or the DME… or the FX…

• You can reverse rear channels to the front.

• Separate level control: You can have a reference level set up that you can toggle on/off.

• Separate level control: You can set levels freely.

• Separate level control: Dim to predetermined value.

• AFL/PFL…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=596&v=i3P_RENaoG0&feature=emb_logo

Definitely worth looking at! :open_mouth: :blush:

Thanx!