AVID support

Hi guys.

Thank you for all theresponses!!!
@Brain
The electronic /sound part of the fader works. Its passing audio, the lights are working. The touch sensor works as well.
You can see that the motor is off, because when MC is not connected to any Euconized application, normally when you try to move the fader it will jump back. This one just stays there.

If you can buy a replacement fader, and access to the faders is a easy as the S5, all you have to do is open the panel, remove the fader cap, remove the 2 screw from the top and bottom of the fader, and disconnect the faders wires at the PC board header connector. be careful these wires are sensitive, I have had to re-solder a few wires back to the header connector. also be careful when pulling the fader out that you do not snag any of the wires for the other faders.

Exactly what I was thinking.
So I’ll wait for the Avid tech to contact me and the see if it pays off to repair it or learn to work with it :slight_smile:

@ErikG
Yes I’m polish, but living in Namibia :slight_smile: . Avid support in Africa is nonexistent.
I contacted Mark with the old email and God bless it had automatic response. Mark doesn’t work for Avid any more!. Unfortunate, because he was very helpful in the past, probably the only person answering technical questions :frowning:. The new guy answered yesterday that a tech will contact me soon. We will see how soon LOL.
@Oliver.Lucas . I bought the unit from Sweetwater. Shipping it back to USA would be financial suicide :slight_smile:

So, if you need Avid rep his name is Ben : ben.deville@avid.com

I’ll wait for Avid’ s response. In the meantime I’ll probably open the unit and see how accessible the faders are.

Thank you all!!

Wojtek