Cannot change the time signature?

Hello!
I’m joining in to what other users have been saying. I’m after a 6/8 time signature. I hope there will be an upgrade to solve this issue soon.
Ronnie

I hope there will be an update soon to add these features. I am also after a 6/8 time signature and would like to have tempo changes within some of the pieces I will be playing. Any idea when these features will be added to Cubasis?

You have a customer here waiting to buy Cubasis the moment time signature + tempo changes become available.

Ive been also wanting to buy Cubasis, specially with the offer thats going on right now
Is the feature now available?

Hi Snardash,

Thank you for your message.

The feature remains on our list for future updates.
At this moment I have no further information, when it will become available.

For further information what has been added to the app, please have a look at our Cubasis Version History.

Six years later, we are still waiting for a basic feature… :rage:

I definitely lost hope … I mean we’ve been asking/talking about this feature since 2013, and 2019 is almost gone
“… The feature remains on our list for future updates. …”
I don’t know … it might be at the very bottom of their list. Or maybe they have a road map for the next 20 years? … lol, but no, not funny …
Last update was what … 4 month ago?
sigh…

Hi agaland,

Thank you for your message.

As you might imagine we receive many feature requests for Cubasis.

Cubasis is made by a fairly small team, so we always have to plan feature scopes carefully, in order to keep up with regular updates.

As of yet, Cubasis has seen 30+ regular free updates with many new user-requested feature additions: New in Cubasis 3: A Brand-New Cubasis | Steinberg

As mentioned before tempo/signature track support remains on our list.
As of yet, I have no date, when the feature will be released.

Best,
Lars

As you might imagine we receive many feature requests for Cubasis.

My only answer is: 2013 man … 2013; that’s a long time ago!

Oh and now I get it; you guys were actually busy writing Cubasis 3 from scratch, which got released today, as a separate app of course, at 50 bucks … smart.
I’ve checked on the feature list, but couldn’t see anything related to tempo track/time signature … until I went to the Audiobus forum, when someone was actually asking about it, and your response was

Tempo/signature track is on our list for the future, but not included in v3.

:open_mouth: :laughing:

Sorry, I don’t think this thing will ever come to life, whatever the version of Cubasis is. Like I said, I really lost hope after all these years.
And that’s fine, I mean, NanoStudio 2 supports tempo track and time signature changes for instance …

Anyway, good luck on the C3 release; I certainly won’t buy it, especially not for another $50 (and I know, no need to repeat, upgrade is not possible through app store for C2 users, and you’ve released 30+ update on C2, etc, etc…I know the song)

Hey agaland,
I too have lost hope for tempo track/time signature.

Moreover I feel we’ve been strung along: these are rudimentary feature “requests” (If what I ran off of floppy drives, what is currently possible with other DAWs that aren’t so “flagship”, and Cubase itself’s capabilities since Adam-was-a-kid are any litmus test.)

Years. And now this.
I resent it.

Don Craig

Hey agaland,
I too have lost hope for tempo track/time signature.

Moreover I feel we’ve been strung along: these are rudimentary feature “requests” (If what I ran off of floppy drives, what is currently possible with other DAWs that aren’t so “flagship”, and Cubase itself’s capabilities since Adam-was-a-kid are any litmus test.)

Years. And now this.
I resent it.

Don Craig

Yes I agree tempo change is a rudimentary feature, both Opcode Vision and MOTU Performer had it in the 80’s. I think the problem here with Cubasis is the guy or guys that write the code just simply don’t know how to write it in … it’s been on their ‘list’ for almost 7 years now. Nanostudio 2 has it … and that’s written by one guy! … and that one guy is currently coding audio for the program … when that gets implemented Cubasis will pretty much be done with if they don’t get on board with such rudimentary features that even our 80’s DAW’s had.

I’m not investing in Cubasis 3 for this reason, I waited patiently for the previous version to get a tempo track I bought all the iap ect but it never came. I’m really quite surprised it’s not in v3. Generally a very good product and relatively cheap with awesome support (thanks lars) but I need a basic tempo track so thanks for the ride but I’m not getting back on it this time

I will also only buy the new Cubasis version if there is a tempo track.
Changes in tempo (especially subtle!) are as much a part of the music as the notes and the pauses.
regards
PAT

1 Like

I was starting Cubase 1.0 on Atari computer with tempo and time signature change. This is not a feature, this is a must have basic function. I have to leave this software now because of this. Not in Cubasis 3? This is on the list? This software not on my list…

Hi ludvigrezso,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum.

We do our best to describe the available features of our Cubasis app in the App Store and Google Play descriptions, as well as on our dedicated Cubasis and Cubasis LE websites.

While tempo track and signature change support remains on our list for feasible future topics, the feature will not be added short or mid term unfortunately.

Normally, new features will be announced once becoming available.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
Lars

Good day,

I just purchased Cubasis 3 to work on a piece of music in 12/8 time.
Now I realized this strict limitation to 4/4 - 2/4, etc.
Is there a timeframe for implementing different times in the product?

Best Regards,
Markus

Hi @markus.horisberger,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, the situation in regards to time signature support has not changed. The feature remains on our list, but we do not have further information available, when it will be included in Cubasis.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars

Why don’t you allow for a 1-4 time signature. That would solve this problem temporarily until changing time signatures are added to the software?

I’m not sure if you realised, but I wrote this post more than 10 years ago. I gave up on Cubasis (and therefore Cubase too, as I need consistent workflow) long time ago. Since then, they released a paid upgrade, which I have no idea whether offers time signature and tempo changes or not, from the comments of 2 years ago it seems it did not, but perhaps it was included in meantime. I wouldn’t know, and honestly, I don’t care anymore.

As about your suggestion, thanks for that, however 1/4 was not available either. Nor it was 1/8. Or even the very common 6/8. So, no, that was not possible, this software wasn’t made for real musicians. Tempo track was also not available, which is another big problem.