Cubasis does not recognize Some Korg Polysix, Korg Monopoly, and Korg ARP Odissey...

Cubasis does not recognize Korg Polysix, Korg Monopoly, and Korg ARP Odissey in Inter App Audio

Hi Chipraise,

Cubasis supports all kinds of IAA types:

• Effects can be set as insert or send effects
• Instruments are assigned to a MIDI track and automatically receive MIDI from Cubasis
• Generators are inputs for audio tracks

Important
It always depends on the app manufacturer what type of nodes are available.

Given your case Korg does not provide MIDI compatible IAA instruments.
That’s why they do not appear in the list, when a MIDI track is selected.

These are the steps to use the Korg instrument apps in Cubasis via IAA:

• Create an audio track
  • Open the Routing tab in the inspector
  • Tap “Mono input”
  • Choose “Inter-App” in the Audio Inputs pop up
  • Choose the desired Korg instrument apps from the list

Once you’ve assigned a Korg app, you’re able to record its output to an audio track in Cubasis.
it might make sense to ask Korg, if they have plans to re-release these instruments in Apple’s current and more flexible Audio Units format in the future.

Hope that helps!

Best
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks for your reply.

What’s strange is that GarageBand recognizes the above as IAA, and Cubasis does not. Cubasis does recognizes the Korg iM1 as Auv3, and Korg iWavestation as IAA. I also sent a message to Korg about this strange compatibility issue.

Let me know about more news on this matter.

Regards.

Peter

Hi Peter,

It is important to create an audio track, to see the instruments in the list.
Please follow the steps mentioned above!

Things should work the same in both apps (GB and Cubasis here).

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

You’re right. Now it recognizes them. It’s just a shame these particular apps, which are great sounding classic synths, do not behave like iWavestation and other brand IAA, which record Midi. In GarageBand, all IAA only record audio. Not so in Cubasis, where most accept Midi, one of the main reasons I’m sticking with Cubasis, and it’s superior Midi implementation and audio processing. I’m lead to believe it’s a Korg issue, as their only AUv3 unit is iM1. I believe they do it on purpose to pressure customers to move into Korg Gadget. Although very interesting, it’s not a full fledged DAW like Cubasis or even GarageBand.

I appreciate your patience and replies regarding this issue.

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

It surely depends on Korg what formats they provide for their instruments (AU, IAA MIDI, IAA Audio…).
Please make sure to get in touch with them, to let them know about your requests.

Thanks
Lars