Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 2 here.
- Steinberg Employee
- Posts: 3917
- Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
With the support of Audio Unit automation in Cubasis 2.3, it is possible to automate various parameters of instruments and effects assigned via Audio Unit. Below please find the summary of known issues and limitations when using Audio Unit automation with Cubasis 2.3.
- Using multiple AU automations in parallel can lead to instabilities, or render Cubasis unreliable. If you encounter problems, we suggest to make use of Cubasis’ track freeze feature.
- Performing automation overrides on buttons or radio buttons of an AU instrument or effect can lead to unwanted results. Caused by a limitation of iOS, the available workaround is to delete the automation before re-recording it.
- Previous parameter values are not stored, when writing an automation. To prevent this issue from occurring, please perform a short tap on a control before starting to change it.
- In rare cases, reading automation while having the user interface of an AU instrument or effect opened, can lead to playback problems or render Cubasis unreliable.
- Duplicating an AU MIDI track containing automation, can result in losing the automation data on the copied track.
- Caused by a limitation of Apple, unloaded AU instruments and effects remain in internal memory which directly affects the overall system load (with no relations to AU automation). If you encounter problems, please shut down the iPad device followed by a restart.
- It depends on the app manufacturer, what instrument or effect parameters are automatable and if Audio Unit automation is supported at all.
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Check out Steinberg on YouTube
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests