ic pro (mac/ipad) & internet connection

My work means that I often have to have my session open and be able to Skype/email etc. Is there a way of using IC Pro and having my wifi internet connection open?

Have a Macbook Pro and an iPad Air.

I’ve done a quick search of the forum - sorry if the question has been asked before.

Hi,

If I understand correct, of course you can use IC Pro with any regular wifi router that certainly can be online and connected to the internet as well so you can access with you devices.

Thanks!
RG

Thanks for your reply Ricardo. :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose you could walk me through the process? I watched the “How To” video and when I set up the network it seems to use wifi purely for the computer to computer connection. If it makes any difference I’m on Yosemite.

Sorry for being so dumb!

Hi,

unfortunately the topic can be more complex, but first you have to make sure that your are using a standard DHCP router if you do not use one already that is also connecting to the Internet and all your devices are able to connect as well. With that you basically have the first major step done, because all units can communicate now. If you are not able to connect with your IC Pro device now to your DAW, setting up static IPs is a common solution by addressing each device a fixed IP number in the network. A quick search online will explain this to you. It is a common practice to solve LAN issues.
Thanks!
RG

Great. Thanks. If I’m not back, that’s fixed it. :slight_smile:

Actually, this time I tried it it just found the iPad without me setting up an ad hoc network. All good now thanks. :slight_smile: