New TOOLS for UR/UR-RT audio interfaces for Mac

We are pleased to announce that there are new TOOLS versions available for macOS for our UR audio interfaces.

The updates include:

TOOLS for UR242 version 1.1.1

TOOLS for UR44 version 2.2.1

TOOLS for UR28M version 2.2.1

TOOLS for UR824 version 2.2.1

TOOLS for UR-RT2 version 1.1.1

TOOLS for UR-RT4 version 1.1.1

The updates for Mac now support macOS 10.15 and minor issues have been resolved.
For detailed information, we ask you to refer to the corresponding version history on the download page.

Best regards,
Stefan Schreiber

Question: From Mojave, should I update to macOS Catalina first and then install the new drivers or drivers first and then update my macOS?

Thanks

Hello Adrian,
If still time: don’t, and stay on Mojave as long as you can.
Catalina can be a major source of problems with all the securities they have added in MacOS. It is OK if you use only Apple software, can be pain in the … when using third party. Maybe VERY recent third party software is full compliant. But I have got messages for some installed apps when upgrading to 10.15.5 recently.

Regards,
Eric

Unfortunately I have a big problem with the current tools for UR 242 on Big Sur.

As soon as I install the tools for UR 242 Cubase becomes extremely slow - especially adding and removing plugins and new tracks is excruciatingly slow (between 5 - 20 seconds per step). And of course the beach ball appears permanently.

If I uninstall the tools everything works as it should!

But then of course there are some other problems with my interface.

My system:
iMac Retina 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, 32GB memory
Mac OS X Big Sur 11.6.5
Steinberg UR 242

Cubase 11 Pro with Absolute Collection 4

Libraries are stored on an external SSD drive.

I have installed all current drivers and updates. Software, libraries and system are up-to-date.

Cheers
AndI