UR44 and Discord and Audacity

Hey Steinberg,

I have the UR44 sound card and I want to use my microphone to talk in voice chat in Discord, or to record simple things in Audacity. However, discord cannot pick up any sound through the UR44 no matter what I try, and the same with Audacity.

I’ve looked around on the internet for any useful documentation on this topic, but I found nothing. The only thing I have to go on is someone’s suggestion to “Enable Loopback” but, in his words: “If you enable it, you will be able to hear and record your mic in normal Windows applications, however it will also pass though everything you hear. Meaning: If you’re listening to music, while chatting with someone, that person will also hear the music, or even themselves.” …which does not suffice, I can’t have a regular conversation with people that way.

I’m sure there has to be a way to actually solve this problem, right? I look forward to hearing your solutions.

JJ Florence.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I have updated my drivers and firmware to the latest ones on my Mac.

Did you solve this?

Read this :