UR44 dropouts after windows update KB4515384

Hello,
I just found serious issues after win10 1903 updates:
kb4515384
kb4514359
kb4512941
-Im not sure which one is critical one but after uninstaling all three,my system is OK.
-Observed issues was on Cubase 10.0.40 with audiointerface UR44 with latest FW and driver . It was about lot of cracks and dropouts in audio. Steinberg driver showing some red circle with white cross - which seems bad, but I didnt found any explanation for this graphic in driver manual.
Anyway, audii output was completely unfunctional, buffer setting at max doesnt help.
So in case of similar issues, try to delete these updates.

PS: in forum are several complains about UR series and this kind of behaviour, maybe its somehow related.

“Updated update ID in title”

I just did a quick check. I have all three of those updates installed and having no problems with my UR44. It is a project with about ten total tracks with a Kontakt Bass, a couple of Triple Play driven tracks, Jamstix 4 (fairly CPU heavy) and about five audio guitar tracks. Buffer is at 256 samples. Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.4 and not seeing any of the red circles or white crosses (although I am not sure where you are seeing those… On the audio connections?). Hope it helps…

hi, thanks for Your check. Well i work with simple project where everything was OK and after update and restart it was completely mess.
Today I found articles like this - New Windows 10 1903 Update Breaking Network Adaptors For Some
"The September KB4515384 update is already a menace. Introduced to fix CPU spiking, reports state it has broken Windows 10 search, the Start Menu, Action Centre, USB connections and caused audio problems. And now it is gunning for your Internet access. "
So its this one: KB4515384
After unsinstaling upate, its OK.

About that Red circle with white cross - it was when I opened driver from cubase ( window where You changing buffer) it was like this: https://logodix.com/logos/45286 ( I didnt make screanshot when it appear)

Hi. I have the same Problem with cubase 10 1903 and KB4515384. Unfortunately even uninstalling this update didn´t help. Any new insights about this?
That is so annoying.

Her my specs:
Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
System-SKU SKU
Prozessor Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 MHz, 6 Kern(e), 12 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. 0607, 08.01.2018
SMBIOS-Version 3.0
Installierter physischer Speicher (RAM) 64,0 GB
Gesamter physischer Speicher 63,9 GB
Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 58,9 GB
Gesamter virtueller Speicher 73,4 GB
Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 68,4 GB
Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 9,50 GB

Name Yamaha Steinberg USB Audio
Hersteller Yamaha Corporation.
Status OK
PNP-Gerätekennung USB\VID_0499&PID_150E\5&7214DC6&0&5
Treiber C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\YSUSB_W10_64.SYS (1.10.4.1, 173,62 KB (177.784 Bytes), 04.12.2018 22:32)

HI, Well this is probably far more complex issue. Win try to instal this update again on my PC and soundcard was not afected this time- but some C runtime was complete messed and I was unable to open several applications or install anything. Uninstalling recent updates solve this issue. But it cant be done over and over again. Im afraid that recent win10 upgrades are kind of unpredictive and could lead to serious issues. If I find some solution I will let You know.
It seems that We should make system backup before every update.

Post update:
after 3rd instalation, it seems ok and working.