Cubase 8.5 constantly crashing

Hi,

I upgraded from Cubase 7 to Cubase 8.5 yesterday, and i’ve spent the past day installing all my VSTs and sample libraries.

Everytime I run it, within 2-3 minutes it crashes with the following pop-up:

It’s a brand new laptop with the following specs:

OS - Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
Processor - Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700k (4.0GHz) 8MB Cache
RAM - 64GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (4 x 16GB)
Graphics - NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 980 DESKTOP - 8.0GB DDR5, G-SYNC - Geforce GTX VR Ready
Main hard drive - 480GB HyperX SAVAGE 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
Secondary hard drive - 1TB WD BLACK 2.5" WD10JPLX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

Everything is legit.

I am not sure what is causing the crashes, over the course of about 10 hours i’ve been testing old projects and every VST I have installed both instruments and effects seem to work fine, I get no reason for the crash, it just does it…

Is it a Windows 10 problem? Or is 8.5 just terrible right now?

I was forced to update from Cubase 7 to Cubase 8.5 because Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate wasn’t working properly on Cubase 7 in Windows 10, and now it just seems like a waste of money, so if I can’t get it working within the next few days I could just get downgrade back to Cubase 7?

I mean what are my choices? Downgrade to Windows 7 again? Or just get my money back from Steinberg and resort to Cubase 7 again but have to live without using Komplete 10 Ultimate?

Anything else you need to know?

Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything installed.

You can also look at the Windows troubleshooting section (Right click start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting) to see if the issue shows up as a Windows issue or something else. Here is one of a zillion links about how to use the troubleshooter.

Regards :sunglasses:

Which VSTs are you running?

I was browsing and saw an update from 8.5.0 - 8.5.2

I’ve used that for about 15-20 minutes and no crashes yet, so fingers crossed that helped, i’ll find out for sure on Monday when I have a proper session.

Everything that comes with “Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate”

And the following.

Intruments:

Serum
Addictive Keys
Gladiator
IL Harmor
Korg M1
Sylenth
TAL-Elek7ro
VOPM

Effects:

Fabfilter ProQ 64
ValhallaRoom
RP-Verb 64
Compassion
IVGI
IL Vocodex
TDR Feedback Compressor II (64)
CamelCrusher
Sausage Fattener 64
FabFilter Saturn
EchoBoy
MSED
CamelPhat3
SPAN
FabFilter Pro MB
FabFilter Micro
BiFilter2x64
dblue_glitch_v1_3.64

Ok, let’s hope the update solved your problem.

Hi,

It doesn’t seem to be crashing anymore, but i’ve noticed it comes up with an error when closing a project from time to time.

Next time it happens i’ll take a screenshot.