If I have The Grand 2 license, can it be registered to the current steinberg account?

For users of legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects software
Eva Redwood

If I have The Grand 2 license, can it be registered to the current steinberg account?

Post by Eva Redwood »

I'm about to get a boxed product of TG2 from the second hand market, but I'm worried that it wouldn't work with the current registration system.

Also, is the library going to become useless if I lost the USB elicenser of it?

Thanks for reading.

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Re: If I have The Grand 2 license, can it be registered to the current steinberg account?

Post by svennilenni »

Eva Redwood wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 am
I'm about to get a boxed product of TG2 from the second hand market, but I'm worried that it wouldn't work with the current registration system.
It will also work with TG2, as soon as the earlier owner unregisters it from his account (if he / she had registered it already). If he/she doesn´t unregister from their account, you can not register it to your account.

Eva Redwood wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:05 am
Also, is the library going to become useless if I lost the USB elicenser of it?
Basically - yes. But if your USB key with the License on it is registered at Steinberg, you will get one replacement license if you shoulkd lose your USB eLicenser.

Eva Redwood

Re: If I have The Grand 2 license, can it be registered to the current steinberg account?

Post by Eva Redwood »

svennilenni wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:37 am
Basically - yes. But if your USB key with the License on it is registered at Steinberg, you will get one replacement license if you shoulkd lose your USB eLicenser.
Just 1 time? I probably want to use TG2 for the rest of my life, so... I would pay for the replacement service. Is there no way around?

If the USBs of that particular license becomes physically unavailable at a certain point in the future, is it the end of it, unless I get another again from the market?

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Post by svennilenni »

Eva Redwood wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:01 pm
svennilenni wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:37 am
Just 1 time? I probably want to use TG2 for the rest of my life, so... I would pay for the replacement service. Is there no way around?

If the USBs of that particular license becomes physically unavailable at a certain point in the future, is it the end of it, unless I get another again from the market?
I think the one replacement is for theft / 0 downtime. If the license key breaks, they will transfer the license to a new key for you as often as it breaks. Best to check the Steinberg site. They do have a knowledgebase article about all that.

Return to “Legacy Steinberg VST Instruments | VST Effects”